Hey Celebrity!!!! Ever hear that "Honesty is the BEST policy"? Apparently NOT!

cdn_tbird

One of the best kept secrets on the Equinox is the beer and food paring in the GastroBar. It was offered 2X both the times we sailed, and both times sold out quickly.

With no Lawn Club Grill, the burger in the GastroBar is the best we have had on a cruise, way better than those at the Mast Grill.

OP, I would hate to read the 'vent' that would be posted if the event were 'not cancelled' and something went a tad wrong.:eek:

One of the best kept secrets on the Equinox is the beer and food paring in the GastroBar. It was offered 2X both the times we sailed, and both times sold out quickly.

With no Lawn Club Grill, the burger in the GastroBar is the best we have had on a cruise, way better than those at the Mast Grill.

OP, I would hate to read the 'vent' that would be posted if the event were 'not cancelled' and something went a tad wrong.:eek:

LOL, I would venture to say it could not be worse then what she has exhibited already here, but we all know other posters who descended into the depths of the Marianna's over something so benign, in many opinions, and called it a vent....

Freedom of speech (vent) personified?

Personal and political attacks at that... go figure, we know the type of poster(s) that does this for sure. Provides no meaningful information or contribution to the overall board, in my opine.

Thank you and bon voyage

Believe me, there is a great deal of world news that does not make the US 6pm news.

p - thank you for pointing this out. Nothing not fitting into a single 30 minute or one (1) hour format, is selective at best, is not news, to some.

bon voyage

I hope nothing bad ever happens in your life. I don't think you could handle it. :o

Well, to be sure, the post heading and subsequent postings is a very good glimpse into the situation. You are quite correct, in my opine.

:')

On behalf of the OP, and especially myself, I apologize for how out of control this has become. It is quite unfortunate and not becoming of what CC stands for.

I will choose not to use anymore bandwidth on this particular thread or OP. (well maybe I will reserve the right to do it again??? ;-))

bon voyage

There are private versions of this excursion available.

Here is one from Cozumel Chef and it's reviews on Trip Advisor. That company offers cooking classes as well where you choose your foods from local markets.

I understand the OP's frustration, but something could have happened to the vendor Celebrity works with. I'm not sure why they would need to provide an excuse. However, there are always options, often at much better prices, outside the cruise ship.

Seem a little hung up on the 6:00 news. What now passes for news is decided by what will keep you from switching the channel, thus bringing in more ad revenue. Perhaps there were other stories that they thought would hold your attention, or that they could more easily tell you how to feel about.

Edited by cruzeluver
grammar

Since you have had multiple problems with Celebrity canceling excursions on you, I would recommend looking into private ones so you will not be disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good advice, however I wonder why in the world would one want to cruise on a Line which he/she thought wasn't being honest?:confused:

LOL

Have you ever considered a career as a comedian. You're hysterical. You inisist that others provide empircal evidence to support their position, yet your position is full of suppositions and assumptions. Where is your emperical evidence of the widespread destruction of farmland? Perhaps you should heed your own advice and actually take some time to do a bit of research. The excursion does not include the purchasing of any food at the local market.

I've read enough of your posts to know that at best you like to be a contrarian, at worst you just post FUD, however I suspect it's a bit of both which is the classic definition of an internet troll.

Unfortunately for you, Bo has been a longtime CC member and contributor to the Celebrity forum whose posts are always well thought out and measured in their tone. I would take his word to be close to fact any day of the week.

This is as to compared to your apparent need to lash out at someone who posts a differing opinion, who starts out by calling him a troll and basically hurls insults, all of which is contrary to the spirit of CC.

Nevertheless, enjoy your cruising days.

Unfortunately for you, Bo has been a longtime CC member and contributor to the Celebrity forum whose posts are always well thought out and measured in their tone. I would take his word to be close to fact any day of the week.

This is as to compared to your apparent need to lash out at someone who posts a differing opinion, who starts out by calling him a troll and basically hurls insults, all of which is contrary to the spirit of CC.

Nevertheless, enjoy your cruising days.

Bravo!! 👏👏👏

Perhaps you're right, after all I did sign off my initial post as "I just needed to vent".

None of us will ever have the information to truly know why the decision was made. As far fetched as my position may be, it is no more far fetched than those who are posting that that the hurricane wiped out crops in Mexico. If that was the case, it would have made the 6pm news just like the earthquakes did.

The biggest part of this excursion is the private dinner and behind the scene tour, not the walking tour of a local market & lunch. Celebrity could have easily modified it to just that and still charged $200 USD, and those of us that are into culinary arts would still have thought it was worth the price. I firmly believe they didn't have enough interest and decided to cancel.

At the end of the day, I have no doubt that we'll have a wonderful cruise regardless of which excursion gets cancelled or which port (if any gets changed) because after all I'll be with my soulmate. Everything else is just minutia, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't vent about it.

It is one thing to vent disappointment, it is quite another thing to hurl accusations of dishonesty that are both unfounded and unfair as part of your vent, while putting those accusations front and center in the thread title.

There is an old Italian phrase that fits your situation: 'cui bono' which means 'who benefits'. What possible benefit would accrue to Celebrity by canceling your excursion and refunding your money? The aren't just doing it to screw with you. They would benefit by NOT canceling the excursion and keeping their profit margin on your excursion. So if they are acting contrary to their surface interest, there must be a reason. Other than dishonesty. Because why would they act dishonestly in order to hurt themselves by not making the profit they would have made off your excursion?

What an odd thread. What's next? The Sky Lounge "says" they ran out of limes but I know they're being dishonest!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Actually this happened, a few years ago. Due to weather conditions, there was a lime shortage. The comments here were ridiculous!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums