Cruise pricing and changes

heathermiller86nj

Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking at several holiday cruises. In the past, we have booked in the spring and are considering cruising again this year during the holidays.

Currently, 2 rooms of 2 for a 7 night holiday cruise are around $4,100 and an 8 night is around $5,100.

I've never booked a a cruise after final payment is due, therefore having to make a payment in full. The ships I've been looking at still have a bunch of availability.

Since it's past final payment and no one can cancel and rebook at a lower rate and given substantial availability for sailings less than three months away, how likely is it that prices will drop? Do the above prices for a 7 or 8 night cruise sounds like a lot? Based on anyone's experience in the past, both based on prices that I'm currently seeing and availability close to sailing following final payment dates with less than 90 days out, how likely is it that prices may either increase or decrease.

Thank you very much.

Holiday cruises are always marked up. Look at the same cruise the week before, and you will see what I mean. They may drop, but not much. I’ve been trying to get my wife to celebrate Christmas a week early, just to save money :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am also watching the holiday cruises, see very little cabins sold, whenever a cabin disappears it is replaced by a new one in same category, 15 cabins available in each category for both inside and balconies. Seems most of the ship is unsold, so how do they expect to sell all those cabins at such a high price, will they with all that's happened recently,

I am hoping for a drop as the premium is as the last post stated is more than double and I dont really want to pay €3919 for a balcony 7 day cruise and $2818 for an inside.

Bring on an incentive to book NCL, please.

we sailed over new year's last year. the price dropped DRAMATICALLY the last 3-4 weeks leading up. we were able to upgrade to the Haven because it dropped so much (the old upsell fairy!).

christmas and thanksgiving, no idea, because kids are out of school then.

I wish we had booked earlier and caught lower prices but this cruise is booked for all our family, 9 of us (5 cabins needed) as we just lost my mum and it would have been her birthday on 1 Jan, so we do not want christmas and new year at home, so we just decided to be in her favorite place with her ashes of course. The thanksgiving cruise is not as expensive as the christmas or new year cruises

Holiday cruises are always marked up. Look at the same cruise the week before, and you will see what I mean. They may drop, but not much. I’ve been trying to get my wife to celebrate Christmas a week early, just to save money :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I try to get Mrs Marchie not to celebrate Xmas at all and save even more money ... :D

We don't bother with Xmas and Birthday celebrations - they are after all, only days in the calendar designed to boost retail sales. We wish each other 'Happy Birthday' or 'Merry Xmas' and continue with a normal day.

We do however put the money aside that we would have pretty much 'wasted' in buying a present that is not really wanted - and then we spend it on the next last-minute cruise and/or another camera or lens! In 2016 we took 5 cruises ..

And the real bonus is, I don't have drawers full of sweaters and socks that will never see the light of day ... And my life is no less rich for not having a Homer Simpson Novelty Xmas Tie and matching socks! :D

We booked our Thanksgiving week cruise 10/30/16 and got a fantastic deal. 5 people, 2 rooms for $3500 total for inside cabins. Those same rooms and people would be almost double now. Glad we booked early.

Did you look at the prices for those cabins now? Out of curosity I looked at some cruises around the same time and there were balcony cabins going for $650pp. You may be eligible for an upgrade! Not sure what ship and date you're on.

Being that I have a priority for late booking price dump bargains, I certainly HAVE seen plenty of give away holiday cruises. It can really pay off, if you are flexible with a couple ships. But, it's still too early, in my opinion for the bottom rates in some cases.

Are your dates fixed, do you need air? Could make a difference on your ability to wait? It pays to be patient , along with that, ok with not going. :) But, if you are open to a couple weeks and ships, you have high chances of snagging a deal.