Forward Suites on Royal Class Ships?

Kenswing

We are interested as well since we have C102 on the Majestic. In the past we have booked midship PH suites on the Grand/ Star, or aft Owner's Suite on the Pacific. This will be our first Forward suite, but we also have R614 to New Zealand.

I have already read that you must put your window shade down at night and that the balconies are very narrow, but thought that we would try something different.

We've sailed in L101 on Royal a few times and we love it! Huge balcony and great views and we enjoy being on Lido deck. Being so far forward, it can get quite windy while at sea, but it didn't stop us from using the balcony. Motion can also be an issue for some people, but not for us.

Nice photos thanks for sharing.

Tony

I'm glad you enjoyed my wife's website. She is really looking forward to adding more on our future cruises.

Does anyone have recommendations on which suites are a little larger than others? For example are the forward suites smaller than midship?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

We've sailed in L101 on Royal a few times and we love it! Huge balcony and great views and we enjoy being on Lido deck. Being so far forward, it can get quite windy while at sea, but it didn't stop us from using the balcony. Motion can also be an issue for some people, but not for us.

Thanks for taking the time to post a reply. Hopefully others will share their experiences. Do you have any pictures?

I'm glad you enjoyed my wife's website. She is really looking forward to adding more on our future cruises.

Does anyone have recommendations on which suites are a little larger than others? For example are the forward suites smaller than midship?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

Interestingly enough, the forward Cat S5 suites are shown as 554 sq.ft. while the Riviera deck Cat S4 suites are listed as 440 sq.ft. Most of the extra space is the significantly larger bedroom but that extra space is not really usable and the forward wall is sloped. We had an opportunity to visit a Cat S5 suite but not the Cat S4 or Cat S3 suites.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Interestingly enough, the forward Cat S5 suites are shown as 554 sq.ft. while the Riviera deck Cat S4 suites are listed as 440 sq.ft. Most of the extra space is the significantly larger bedroom but that extra space is not really usable and the forward wall is sloped. We had an opportunity to visit a Cat S5 suite but not the Cat S4 or Cat S3 suites.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is what I needed to know. Thanks!!!

Great info we recently had a fwd suite on another cruise line and where not allowed use of our balcony due to wind, we snuck out a bunch but being under the bridge we couldn't get away with chairs or anything so basically my only contribution could be don't pick a deck directly under the crew you will be seen

Kenswing,

Thanks for the pictures. Seeing them helps a lot. I don't think the sloping wall would make any difference to us. Do you by chance have any others of the rest of the suite?

I found this on YouTube.. You might want to hit the mute button and take some Dramamine.. :p

We had an upgrade to a forward premium suite on the Lido deck of the Royal. I seriously loved it. It was larger than any vista suite or penthouse suite we have been in. The sloped wall in the bedroom was not an issue. The crew pool was out our front window and my husband enjoyed seeing the ladies sunbathing on occasion. The balcony is quite small and is on the side of the ship but there is a windbreak at the front of it so it was nice to sit out there. I also appreciated having a door to the bedroom. It is just a sliding accordion door but still allowed me to get up earlier than DH and not bother him. It is not totally open concept like the vista and penthouse suites. The living room area and bathroom are comparable to other suites. We had no motion issues.

We had an upgrade to a forward premium suite on the Lido deck of the Royal. I seriously loved it. It was larger than any vista suite or penthouse suite we have been in. The sloped wall in the bedroom was not an issue. The crew pool was out our front window and my husband enjoyed seeing the ladies sunbathing on occasion. The balcony is quite small and is on the side of the ship but there is a windbreak at the front of it so it was nice to sit out there. I also appreciated having a door to the bedroom. It is just a sliding accordion door but still allowed me to get up earlier than DH and not bother him. It is not totally open concept like the vista and penthouse suites. The living room area and bathroom are comparable to other suites. We had no motion issues.

Awesome. Thank you.

We just returned from a 21-day cruise on the Royal Princess. We received a last minute upgrade to an S5 suite (B101). Let me start by saying that my wife and I would never pay for a suite and this free upgrade didn’t change our minds. It’s not that we don’t like to pamper ourselves (we usually fly business class to Europe), it’s just that we can’t see enough benefit in a suite over a mini suite to justify the cost.

The cabin was very nice. We would have preferred a larger living area over the massive bedroom. It seemed like a lot of wasted space in the bedroom. We did enjoy the forward facing picture window in the bedroom. Even though the cabin steward lowered the blind every evening, we would often put it back up depending on which port we would be sailing into in the morning. It was really nice to view the cruise into Kotor.

The balcony was narrow for a suite, but it met our needs. The bathroom was very nice. Since we aren’t bath people, we didn’t try out the bathtub, but it was quite deep and large enough to take a comfortable bath.