Cuba - US government says we shouldn't go. Will Cruiselines still go there?

Hflors

A sidenote, My company is privileged to get daily objective and accurate security briefings for nearly every country. Cuba is considered the safest Caribbean destination for foreign visitors, with only a mention of some pickpocketing in Havana and Trinidad.

I better not mention the warnings that some US cities hold, including Miami...also my own Country has a whole list of issues mentioned ( to my regret).

There are lots of parties who want to see a return to the previous bad relationship between the USA and Cuba for their own financial and political reasons. The Cuban government is not one of these parties. ( please do not consider this political, it is a mere objective remark, and one stated in EU Media)

Cuba is by far our favourite Caribbean island to visit. Welcoming people, very different, less touristy, great beaches.

In fact, if we can snag a last minute AI or flight in early December we hope to be there for a week.

We have always felt very safe-much more so than on some other islands or in some North American cities.