Becoming Platinum on a cruise-does it happen at boarding of the day of?

marshhawk

Granted, it's several cruises away, but when you reach platinum during a cruise, are you platinum when you board or during the cruise?

Like one day they leave something in your cabin that says congratulations...or does it happen at boarding-like you automatically get to sit in the nice seating area (LOL).

For those of you out there that are-how were you recognized as Platinum?

and sorry it should say or the day of. oops.

Granted, it's several cruises away, but when you reach platinum during a cruise, are you platinum when you board or during the cruise?

Like one day they leave something in your cabin that says congratulations...or does it happen at boarding-like you automatically get to sit in the nice seating area (LOL).

Yes, you are Platinum from the very start of the cruise. In fact, your boarding pass and luggage tags will say "priority". No need to buy FTTF anymore!! :cool:

Ok,guess the same applies for when you turn diamond.will be diamond on

2nd day of next cruise,will we get white sail and sign cards or platium?

That was nice of them. While having FTTF with priority guest services, it still always seems an effort for guest services to make things right. I think it's because guest service folks usually come from a country where you are guilty until proven innocent.;)

• 1 month later...

Just recently plantinum and it happened day 3. Platinum from start of the cruise. It was pleasant to have that priority boarding and sit in a bit nicer area.

There was nothing special I remember sitting on the desk first day but on a later day on the cruise I did get a platinum gift (varies) left and also a chocolate covered strawberries.

Agree that free laundry is probably one of my favorite perks.

We just cruised giving us 68 days. We have an 8 day cruise booked for February, 2019 and it already shows Priority on our luggage tags.

Hubby n I are booked on a B2B and go Platinum on 2nd leg.

I just looked at our Luggage Tags for first leg and it says

PRIORITY.

I didn't even notice but haven't printed them yet.

WooHoo.

Thanks

It's a great feeling to get to the Platinum level, congrats! When I acheived Platinum, I looked at the Diamond level and said I could never get that far. Well, I did a few B2B's and some long Journeys cruises, and surprise, here I am now at Diamond. The white card is cool, and now that I've booked an MSC Seaside cruise, that line will give me a match to their highest loyalty level (black card) as well.

It's a great feeling to get to the Platinum level, congrats! When I acheived Platinum, I looked at the Diamond level and said I could never get that far. Well, I did a few B2B's and some long Journeys cruises, and surprise, here I am now at Diamond. The white card is cool, and now that I've booked an MSC Seaside cruise, that line will give me a match to their highest loyalty level (black card) as well.

Congrats on being Diamond.

We're hooked on B2B's. So much more relaxing.

Would like to book a Journeys cruise someday.

So when you do a B2B as Platinum, do you get 2 gifts?

1 for each cruise?

Thanks in advance.

Congrats on being Diamond.

We're hooked on B2B's. So much more relaxing.

Would like to book a Journeys cruise someday.

So when you do a B2B as Platinum, do you get 2 gifts?

1 for each cruise?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, as well as 2 invites to the Past Guest party, etc., etc.