Odd Question About Size of In-Cabin Ice!

vamartha

Now this question is sort of out there but since I'm old and my memory is isn't what it used to be, I'm hoping some of you can help me.

I have Yeti's and I have RTIC tumblers but my favorite find is a Corkcicle. I carry one every day to work, darn right it keeps the ice for 25 hours and I'm thinking it will be the vessel I take on my cruise too. Looks like this:

corkcicle-25-oz-copper-canteen-2.jpg.1-M.jpg

I know what the ice looks like on Lido. Little bitty nuggets of goodness sort of like Sonic's ice (want some fun - Google Ice Chewers and you will see that Sonic Ice is like gold to an ice lover!!). But what I cannot remember is how darn big is the ice that is delivered to your room?

On my Corkcicle, the ID of the opening is 1.5". The ice from my ice maker at my house slides right in because it is long and almost tubular. The ice at the ice maker at work is more flat and large and doesn't really go in well and for that reason I don't usually fill my bottle at work, plus I don't need to as the ice I put in at 6am is still there at midnight and usually there is some left the following morning. But, I can't bring ice from home and an ice cube should last longer than an ice nugget especially in the heat and humidity of the Caribbean.

I really like these Corkcicles, as they have vacuum sealing lids and I can throw one in the bottom of my beach bag without worrying about spillage or having a watered down or warm drink. But, is the room service (or Steward provided) ice going to fit in the opening or am I going to be stuck with filling from the little plastic cups on the Lido? I know, first world problems, but I'm still curious!

As usual, thanks in advance for any and all replies!

We just run up to lido and fill a few cups with the ice there. It fits easily into most water bottles. The ice in the ice bucket varies in size, but much of it is large and difficult to fit into thermos type bottles, like the one you pictured, and like the ones we ourselves use.

My apologies as this is a little off from what you are asking - I would use the ice from the lido. I know this may sound like overkill but - when was the last time the ice buckets were cleaned (if ever) and doesn't the ice from the room steward ride around on the cleaning cart with cleaning supplies & dirty linens? (yes I have been accused of being germaphobe).