Spring 2018 Cruises

My family and I were supposed to go on a cruise in June 2018 but many of them were displaced by Harvey and have canceled :( . I totally get it and I feel bad for them. However, I still want to go SOMEWHERE. I haven't taken a vacation since November 2015.

SO I'm considering going on one with just my son and I. Would it be a good idea to book a cruise so soon after all these storms? I'm a relatively new cruiser (since 2013) so I don't know how fast the islands bounce back from storms. I found a good price on an Oasis cruise for my son's spring break week next March.

Any insight would be appreciated - even if it's to say I'm being selfish to consider it in light of all the rest of my family has been through.

I would go ahead and book. While the islands may not be at 100% Royal will substitute ports if they are not repaired enough for guests to enjoy themselves.

We are on Oasis March 10th and have San Juan and St. Maarten as two of our stops but we are not concerned about it.

Western Caribbean is basically fine. If your son is young enough where missing a week of school is ok, why not avoid the spring break high prices and go like in Feb when it is cheaper even

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

Western Caribbean is basically fine. If your son is young enough where missing a week of school is ok, why not avoid the spring break high prices and go like in Feb when it is cheaper even

Thanks for the answers!

My son is a high school senior. But even if he weren't I wouldn't take him out of school for a vacation. Trying to teach him to prioritize: work when it's time to work; play when it's time to play. And, when you have kids you're forced to make decisions like these so don't have any kids any time soon! ;p

I have 3 kids so go through this struggle all the time. I said if he is young enough. I understand you, I would not take a grade 12 student out of school either but have no problem taking my younger elementary age kids out for a week. They take along home work if needed and teachers let them do reports or presentations on their trips. We learn about the Myan ruins and we talk about the history etc... but even if we did no work, my kids are young enough still. My friends with kids in high school like you, also limit holidays to school breaks which does make it more expensive unfortunately.

Hope you find one that works and is on sale too.