Royal Princess fitness center questions

coordinator23

We will be traveling with my 92 year old parents soon. We have booked three of the club class minisuites which have tubs. We could not get a handicapped accessible room for my parents (and the minisuites have more room to get around in). My question is: Are there showers in the gym area? If not, my parents are resigned to sponge baths in the cabin. Also, did I see recumbent bikes in the fitness center? Or were they regular bikes? My Dad is a WWII vet, and the VA had him using one of them last year for physical therapy. I have other questions, since this will be only my 4th with Princess (out of 25 total cruises), but I'll save those for later

Yes they have them but last time I was on Regal ( assuming same for Royal ) the shower doors were clear glass, providing absolutely no privacy. Not sure what the thought process was on that choice of shower doors!

Perhaps someone will chime in with more hopeful news about the doors!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do not do well in mini-suites and no longer book them. However, if your mother can stand there is a way to use the tubs. First request a shower chair. Put the chair next to the tub and have her sit down. From this position I can put one leg into the tub and then stand up. My husband then places the chair into the tub and I sit on it. Then he lifts my other foot into the tub. When done showering we reverse the process. Finally, I would get on the waitlist for a handicapped accessible cabin.