MTD question on Oasis

MyTimeDining--reservations??

Hi, we are sailing on the oasis for the first time. We are scheduled for the 5:30 traditional dining but are considering switching to MTD. Online it says that we must make a reservation for MTD every evening. On other ships we just went to the main dining area and waited in line without a reservation. Is that still OK? We don't really want to be bound to a time or have to deal with making daily reservations. Any pros/cons to switching?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=54214289

You can make reservations for MTD and they are recommended but you can also just walk up. Depending on what time you go, there may be a wait. There are two lines, one for reservations and one with no reservations. We enjoyed MTD, we had reservations a few days and walked up on others. It was just two of us but they seated us quickly. The times we did not have reservations we went about 8pm and were seated immediately.

Formal night tends to be a bit of a wait if you don't have reservations. Outside of that, I've never waited more than 10-15 minutes for a table on Oasis without reservations. We prefer MTD because sometimes we're not hungry at 5:30 or we're starving well before 8.

The chance for waiting is great if you want to eat around the 7pm timeslot...EVERYONE wants to eat then! If you can go earlier, or later, you shouldn't have too much wait without reservations.

Thanks, most of the shows we plan on seeing are around 7 or 8 so we'd most likely eat earlier anyway...

Formal night tends to be a bit of a wait if you don't have reservations. Outside of that, I've never waited more than 10-15 minutes for a table on Oasis without reservations. We prefer MTD because sometimes we're not hungry at 5:30 or we're starving well before 8.

Good to know, thanks!

You can make reservations for MTD and they are recommended but you can also just walk up. Depending on what time you go, there may be a wait. There are two lines, one for reservations and one with no reservations. We enjoyed MTD, we had reservations a few days and walked up on others. It was just two of us but they seated us quickly. The times we did not have reservations we went about 8pm and were seated immediately.

Ok, glad to hear reservations aren't required on each night...

Probably depends on a whole load of factors including itinerary etc. but my experience of sailing once on Oasis and once on Allure on the Caribbean itineraries is that there is quite a long line for those who haven't booked. This was between 6:00pm and 7:00pm. Can't comment on times outside of this.

We could skip the line as we were in a suite on both occasions. It might be the case that the line moves very quickly and it is not a big deal but be aware that this might be a problem.

Probably depends on a whole load of factors including itinerary etc. but my experience of sailing once on Oasis and once on Allure on the Caribbean itineraries is that there is quite a long line for those who haven't booked. This was between 6:00pm and 7:00pm. Can't comment on times outside of this.

We could skip the line as we were in a suite on both occasions. It might be the case that the line moves very quickly and it is not a big deal but be aware that this might be a problem.

Ok, thank you!

Queues are about 10 - 15 minutes during peak times, reservation or no. Suite guests do get preferential treatment with no reservation. Found that out when we queued and they bumped us past others awaiting their table when they saw our cards.

Good to know, thanks!

Queues are about 10 - 15 minutes during peak times, reservation or no. Suite guests do get preferential treatment with no reservation. Found that out when we queued and they bumped us past others awaiting their table when they saw our cards.

Ah, ok! Thanks for the heads up!