La Champagne/Dame... what do you get for your $60?

Twigalina

We are on Shadow at the moment and dined in La Dame on our second formal night last night.

The food was divine and opted for the house pours as opposed to wines from the list. They were delicious (French and Italian) and matched the food.

There were 5 courses and I felt unpleasantly full after dining. The main course lamb was superb.

We were charged $40pp but maybe that’s because I booked as soon as we could several months ago.

We are booked again in another few nights and I’m happy to photograph and upload a menu if people are interested.

My only criticism (which I’ve long held) is that I don’t see the point in placing a restaurant (especially a “fancy” one) next to the Humidor. The smell of smoke is pervasive.

My only criticism (which I’ve long held) is that I don’t see the point in placing a restaurant (especially a “fancy” one) next to the Humidor. The smell of smoke is pervasive.

I don't think it's the position that's the problem, if I remember correctly there is a door between the restaurant and the humidor. Firstly it doesn't fit in such a way that it has a full seal, and second it gets opened when people are smoking in the humidor allowing fumes into the restaurant. A solution would be to remove the door or seal it up completely.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It will be an experience if nothing else .... as long as it isn't too pretentious then I am sure we will cope;)

I have booked it in any case ...although it would be nice to see a sample menu.

A fiiend of mine, on reading the official description, said it sounded like the Monty Python confectionery shop sketch and to expect Crunchy Frog or Rams Bladder Cup ...:rolleyes:

That makes me feel old!

This is from the Whisper earlier this year

825505891c1f283705abbf238dbde24d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums