Western Caribbean - Weather

oneplustwins

Anyone on a Western Caribbean cruise right now? The weather forecasts for the next two weeks are 50%-100% rain every single day for Costa Maya, Cozumel and Honduras. Is this accurate, is it really raining every day right now, or is it like Florida weather where they forecast that way because it might rain but it's not usually an all day rain out? Not going to lie, going to be upset if my cruise is a wash out with rain every single day!!!

Edited by oneplustwins

No one here is going to be able to tell you with any accuracy what the weather is going to be like two weeks from now. It may be just a few downpours if they have rain in the forecast or it might rain cats and dogs all day long.

Take a compact umbrella in your luggage.

I'm not asking what the weather will be like two weeks from now, I'm asking for what the weather is like now. The forecast for this week is the same as next week and the week after. Hence the reason I asked for anyone who is cruising now to tell me what today's weather is actually like there this week - since the forecast seems to be the same for the entire month of October then finding out what this weeks weather is actually like is a good glimpse into what the rest of the month might be like.

Edited by oneplustwins

The key word there that you underlined is "might" be like. 50 percent chance it might rain, 50 percent chance it might not. If you get an answer on what it is doing right now it may be different two weeks from now. In other words, take a small umbrella.

I'm sure you will find ways to have a good time regardless.

Anyone on a Western Caribbean cruise right now? The weather forecasts for the next two weeks are 50%-100% rain every single day for Costa Maya, Cozumel and Honduras. Is this accurate, is it really raining every day right now, or is it like Florida weather where they forecast that way because it might rain but it's not usually an all day rain out? Not going to lie, going to be upset if my cruise is a wash out with rain every single day!!!

On our last 7 day Western their was a 50-75% of rain everyday in the forecast the entire week, this was in November. It was sunny and hot each and every day.........No rain at all

Unless there's a hurricane present or forecast, I've found the Caribbean weather to be the same forecast regardless of the months I sail. Always, chance of rain or thunderstorms every day. However, they have always been very isolated as to where they are at the moment and short in duration. But always expect to get some rain which then may or may not hit your area. Cozumel right now is showing for the next 10 day forecast, including today, up to a 75% chance of thunderstorms every day.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=MXQR0074

On our last 7 day Western their was a 50-75% of rain everyday in the forecast the entire week, this was in November. It was sunny and hot each and every day.........No rain at all
THANK YOU!! This was the type of response I was looking for! That gives me some hope for my trip!

Unless there's a hurricane present or forecast, I've found the Caribbean weather to be the same forecast regardless of the months I sail. Always, chance of rain or thunderstorms every day. However, they have always been very isolated as to where they are at the moment and short in duration. But always expect to get some rain which then may or may not hit your area. Cozumel right now is showing for the next 10 day forecast, including today, up to a 75% chance of thunderstorms every day. http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=MXQR0074
Thank you, this is extremely helpful. I had not planned to take a Western cruise (thank you Irma) so I have no idea what the weather is typically like there. This is exactly the type of information I was looking for and I appreciate your response!!

The precipitation probability is the chance that it will rain somewhere in the forecast area some time within a 12 hour period. We're in Fort Lauderdale and we routinely have a 30% to 50% chance of precipitation but don't see a drop of rain.

The precipitation probability is the chance that it will rain somewhere in the forecast area some time within a 12 hour period. We're in Fort Lauderdale and we routinely have a 30% to 50% chance of precipitation but don't see a drop of rain.

Actually, believe it or not, there are different definitions of what X% chance of rain means to different forecasters. If you are bored at work it actually makes for interesting reading. :D

We cruised in April 2010, western Caribbean - Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and a private island -we had rain in every port, Jamaica and Grand Cayman were all day pouring rain, Cozumel was rain off and on through out the day and the private island was rain at the start of the day. All of our planned days were impacted and changed/cancelled.

We still had a great time, we made the best of what we were dealt. The point - you can not change the weather, you can not will it to be what you want - enjoy your cruise, no matter what the weather.

Have a great vacation!

We recently came back from Playa Del Carmen which isn't too far from Cozumel we could actually see the port and out of our 7 days we had constant rain for 5 and the forecast was 50 - 100 percent chance of rain. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

100% probabilty of rain certainly means that you will have rain. With rains and storms comes rough seas.

There is currently a Hurricane that will be in that general area next week.

Honestly, we have sailed the month of October on at least a dozen of our cruises in the Caribbean and it is all pretty much the same for Eastern or Western. You might catch a few showers but mostly you will have fantastic hot weather. Do not let the forecast give you any cause for concern. You are going to have a fantastic time and the weather will be great. A nice quick shower feels kinda nice (and usually the showers are only for 20 minutes or so and VERY RARELY have there been downpours) this time of year). I would bring a few sweaters to wear if you enjoy sitting out on your balcony and for the restaurants. This time of year there is a slight breeze in the air when sailing at night and of course there are those few venues that they keep the AC cranked on high. The MDR and theater and two locations where a light sweater has come in very handy. Enjoy your cruise - you are going to LOVE the Escape. Are you on the 10/21 sailing? If so, I will be joining you. Dear hubby and I are getting so excited. We are in Denver and the weather has cooled down a little early for us already so we are going to be enjoying the warm humid weather. Once you hit your 50's your blood seems to thin (at least for me) so I am very much looking forward to warming my bones before returning to the cold and snow.

There is currently a Hurricane that will be in that general area next week.

There is currently a TROPICAL DEPRESSION. It's expected to become a tropical storm later today and potentially a hurricane this weekend.

There is currently a TROPICAL DEPRESSION. It's expected to become a tropical storm later today and potentially a hurricane this weekend.

This is true . They have tropical storms right now by Saturday it will be in the gulf some where no one knows

They are saying it may be a CAT 1 by Saturday.

The forecast is for the panhandle and Louisiana.

I am hoping this does not happen I do not want to deal with another hurricane so close to the last one.

Actually, believe it or not, there are different definitions of what X% chance of rain means to different forecasters. If you are bored at work it actually makes for interesting reading. :D

Interesting. Thanks.

This is true . They have tropical storms right now by Saturday it will be in the gulf some where no one knows

They are saying it may be a CAT 1 by Saturday.

The forecast is for the panhandle and Louisiana.

I am hoping this does not happen I do not want to deal with another hurricane so close to the last one.

This sucks! And I hate that I feel the need to add the disclaimer to those that will call me out, yes, I know many people are suffering from the horrible hurricanes recently. But yes, it does suck to think an upcoming trip is going to be affected by tropical storms, rain, etc.

Honestly, we have sailed the month of October on at least a dozen of our cruises in the Caribbean and it is all pretty much the same for Eastern or Western. You might catch a few showers but mostly you will have fantastic hot weather. Do not let the forecast give you any cause for concern. You are going to have a fantastic time and the weather will be great. A nice quick shower feels kinda nice (and usually the showers are only for 20 minutes or so and VERY RARELY have there been downpours) this time of year). I would bring a few sweaters to wear if you enjoy sitting out on your balcony and for the restaurants. This time of year there is a slight breeze in the air when sailing at night and of course there are those few venues that they keep the AC cranked on high. The MDR and theater and two locations where a light sweater has come in very handy. Enjoy your cruise - you are going to LOVE the Escape. Are you on the 10/21 sailing? If so, I will be joining you. Dear hubby and I are getting so excited. We are in Denver and the weather has cooled down a little early for us already so we are going to be enjoying the warm humid weather. Once you hit your 50's your blood seems to thin (at least for me) so I am very much looking forward to warming my bones before returning to the cold and snow.
Thank you!! This was all very helpful!! And yes, there's a group of us on the 10/21 Escape sailling for my 40th birthday. Can't wait!!!