New to NCL - Can anyone help answer a couple of questions?

ukdeblarz

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to NCL but not new to cruising. I would really appreciate any NCL veterans' advice about a couple of topics:

Select 4 freebee deal (we are in a penthouse suite)

When we booked last Sunday, we were told we got 250 free internet minutes, free specialty restaurant for 3 nights, $50 credit pp on each port's excursion, and free unlimited drinks package.

When I logged into my cruise for the first time online today, I didn't see any reference to those deals anywhere. Is that normal? So I called NCL. They said that because I booked through a travel agent, the agent hadn't put them in there yet. So I called my agency and got a different person who seemed more informed. She called NCL and said that yes they are in there but weren't showing up because we hadn't paid the gratuities of $119 pp for the drinks and $12 or something on the specialty restaurants. I said cxl the drinks (as we don't drink alcohol) and keep the others and yes pay the gratuities for the restaurant.

My questions are:

Is this normally how it works?

Is there anywhere in my online booking at NCL.com where I can see proof of the freebies?

Do I need to book differently or do anything special when I reserve the specialty restaurants to use my free 3?

How far in advance do they open up the restaurant reservations?

For the shore excursions to get the $50 off pp per port I need to call the NCL 800 number, right? Do you pay the rest of the balance when you call or when you are on board?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give with these answers. I couldn't find them on the website.

Any other advice about how Freestyle dining works for a suite cabin on NCL Star would be appreciated too.

Because you are in a suite you can book your dining at 100 days prior to your cruise. Just book what you want, don't worry about the a la carte part everything will be taken care of on board and you won't have any charge to your on board account.

To see what exactly your perks are, ask your TA to send you an AMENITIES CONFIRMATION it will show everything you are getting. I would print it out and take it with you in case there is some kind of snafu on board.

For the shore excursion credit you book the excursion via the special phone number and you will receive the $50 credit once you have taken the excursion, not before.

Yes, you always have to pay gratuities on the UBP or Specialty restaurants.

They should show up under your Vacation Summary (My account) under On-Board Packages.

If you plan on drinking more than (2) Drinks a day, it may be worth the UBP (IMO). But you can choose another if you like.

Just do your reservations is all you need if youre on board.

You can make some of them online.

Its $50 off per port, not per person.

Thank you for the replies. I am not seeing Onboard Packages anywhere.

This happened to us. Had travel professional email me the amenities page. 1 month before cruise called and confirmed they were in place. Not a problem onboard. Little blue cards in cabin for those promos.