R U Packing Lighter (Smarter) W/Princess Because of Onboard Self Service Laundromats?

need2cruisesoon

Are these also always available to purchase onboard?

There are vending machines in each of the self serve laundry rooms. If one room is out if an item you can go to another floor and purchase what you need from that vending machine ( that said the machines have never been empty when I have sought to purchase an item).

I definitely pack less delicates, jammies, socks and work-out clothes...no problem at all to use the laundry facilities late at night. I take a book and relax for a bit. I am, unfortunately, an over-packer when it comes to everything else...want to be sure I have something "just in case."

The laundry rooms are immaculate. There is no reason to sit there though, as long as you make sure you are back to unload your items in time. We went after dinner, and never saw anyone else in there.

There is one problem not "babysitting" your laundry that has raised its ugly head. A person will come in with their wash, watch you load your machine and leave. Then remove your wash and put theirs in. Same with dryers. Since 99.5 percent of people are honest, I wouldn't worry too much about it but keep it in mind if you see someone sitting there with a bag of laundry. While it could be things that have already been laundered it doesn't hurt to be aware of what could happen.

I actually packed for all 7 days but did laundry on the last day of the cruise. No problem, threw items in the washer went to breakfast. Changed them over to the dryer, and then sent hubby during Bingo to get them out. Laid them out on the bed so that they could finish drying... Honestly it took like 10 minutes out of my day and I came home with clean clothes. :D

We actually pack lighter for a Celebrity cruise, due to free laundry through the Captain's Club. It's nice that Princess has the laundry available, but we prefer not to do laundry ourselves until we get home.

With the free laundry I been sending our laundry out. Some of my blouses I will do in self service.

Over the years I have changed the way I pack. Now we each take two carry on with wheels. I could do it in only three carry on. But that four to make them lighter in weight. I learned for my clothing to get fabrics that are light in weight and fold flat. I do sew a lot of my clothing, so I can choose my fabrics. For my DH, his packing is easy, shirts, pants, tux, under clothes etc. He takes less than I do because his clothes we feel safer giving to the ship laundry.

We carry on our suit cases. We have our pockets clear of things and wear no metal. When we get to the scanner we each have only two cases to put through the scanner. We get through real fast, don't want to hold the line up. It works out fine for us.

As far as I know they are. I suppose the machines could run out or something.
There are vending machines in each of the self serve laundry rooms. If one room is out if an item you can go to another floor and purchase what you need from that vending machine ( that said the machines have never been empty when I have sought to purchase an item).

Thank you both :)

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Forums mobile app

Are these also always available to purchase onboard?

I have seen them run out until restocked, be out of order and change machines run out. Detergent pods and small stack of quarters are standard packed items now.

I'm glad to see all the posts saying to time it well, as coming to a laundry room and finding an idle washer with clothes in it is really irritating.

For a 7 day cruise we will usually pack enough. For a longer cruise we pack a little less and use laundry (or ship's laundry service once we became eligible for this loyalty benefit).

We still haven't made it down to an airline carry-on apiece. My wife could do it, but men's clothes tend to be heavier. Add in snorkel gear for the Caribbean, and there is no way we won't have a checked bag in addition to the carry-on.

Have just got home after a 10 week trip Europe/UK, I only used my carry on case for our 7 day Greek Cruise on the Royal. The laundromats are excellent and very cheap. Looking forward to 'Elite' on Princess but a few cruises to go still, so will keep on using self laundry option, extremely large washing machine - on one cruise we were able to fit 3 people's washing (from our famiuly) in 1 go.