What time can we get off the ship in port?

dtripli

Hi Everyone

I have a question about getting off the ship at ports. We are scheduled to be in Cozumel 8-5. We did purchase FTTF; so what time would we be able to leave the ship? I would like to purchase an activity that starts at 10:00am and want to make sure we will have enough time to get there. I was told it will be a 15 minute taxi ride over. Also is that "ship time" of 8 am actually 9 am on land?

Ships time is the same time as when you get on... you ALWAYS stay on ships time while on your cruise. That means even in ports - If they say the ship leaves at 5pm, that ships time (not the local island time).

As far as getting off. FTTF will allow you to disembark earlier, right behind diamond, platinum, etc. However, the time all depends on the ship clearing customs. If you have a late arrival for some reason or customs holds up the ship, it could take longer. Also, you have to personally go through customs when you get off too, which can take a while sometimes.

I have been out the door of the terminal as early as 8-8:30 or so, sometimes it is later even after 9am, and I am Platinum so off the ship extra early.

If the excursion is booked through Carnival you should have no worries as they will adjust it accordingly. If you are booking it on your own, you could possibly be cutting it tight.

Ships time is the same time as when you get on... you ALWAYS stay on ships time while on your cruise. That means even in ports - If they say the ship leaves at 5pm, that ships time (not the local island time).

As far as getting off. FTTF will allow you to disembark earlier, right behind diamond, platinum, etc. However, the time all depends on the ship clearing customs. If you have a late arrival for some reason or customs holds up the ship, it could take longer. Also, you have to personally go through customs when you get off too, which can take a while sometimes.

I have been out the door of the terminal as early as 8-8:30 or so, sometimes it is later even after 9am, and I am Platinum so off the ship extra early.

If the excursion is booked through Carnival you should have no worries as they will adjust it accordingly. If you are booking it on your own, you could possibly be cutting it tight.

Thank you

Having FTTF has no bearing on when you can go ashore in Coz, as soon as the ship is cleared everyone can go.

Disembarking at your home port, yes, as described by the other poster.

Oops, thank you. Yes, I misread and thought they were asking about disembarking at home port. In other ports where you can walk off everyone gets off as they can get down to do so. Tender ports are slightly different.

Having FTTF has no bearing on when you can go ashore in Coz, as soon as the ship is cleared everyone can go.

It seems to me that in ports of call you can get off around 30 minutes of the time they begin to tie the ship to the dock. The tour guide companies know when the ships arrive. If you go from the ship to the meeting location they will be waiting to take your American dollars.:D If they leave you behind - they don't make money.

Cozumel is in the Eastern Time Zone but does not observe Daylight Savings Time. During our DST Cozumel will match the Central Time Zone. Outside of DST Cozumel will match the Eastern Time Zone. Ships time will depend on which port you leave from.

Cozumel is in the Eastern Time Zone but does not observe Daylight Savings Time. During our DST Cozumel will match the Central Time Zone. Outside of DST Cozumel will match the Eastern Time Zone. Ships time will depend on which port you leave from.

Thanks....maybe you can help me with this specific thing then....We are sailing from Miami on western caribbean itinarery. Our ship schedule says we will be in Cozumel 8am-5pm.....So is there anyway to know now with this information whether it will be 8am in Cozumel when we get there as well? Forgive my ignorance

Thanks....maybe you can help me with this specific thing then....We are sailing from Miami on western caribbean itinarery. Our ship schedule says we will be in Cozumel 8am-5pm.....So is there anyway to know now with this information whether it will be 8am in Cozumel when we get there as well? Forgive my ignorance

Depends on when your cruise is scheduled. Daylight savings time ends on November 5, 2017 and begins again on March 11, 2018 so if you sail during this time the ship time and time in Cozumel will be the same.

This is wonderful news for me!! Thank you so much :D

If you put this into a google window...

Current time Miami <enter>

after that put this into a google window...

Current time Cozumel <enter>

You will know within seconds the current time in each place.