Purchasing Drink Packages and Dining prior to the cruise

Hello everyone,

I am new to RCCL, taking our first cruise aboard the Harmony Dec 9. I have a couple of quick questions. We have $450 in shipboard credit that can be used in our cruise planner prior to our sailing and then we get another $275 once onboard. I want to purchase the Deluxe Beverage Package for my husband, a soda package for me and my 2 kids (I am pregnant so no alcohol for me) and also thinking the 3 night dining package. Right now the deluxe beverage pkg is $46 per day for a total of $379. The soda packages are $8.50 per day for a total of $210 for 3. I know the deluxe package is discounted but is that $8.50 per day for soda less then what we would pay onboard? Do the specialty dining venues offer discounts that are better then what we would get prior to the cruise? We are thinking of trying the Hibachi place and haven't figured out the other 2. I just wasn't sure what I would have to buy now to get the best deal prior to sailing. Thanks so much for your input.

Caroline

... Do the specialty dining venues offer discounts that are better then what we would get prior to the cruise? ...

There's no guarantee that there will be any discounts for specialty restaurants once onboard.

When we were on Allure in July, the soda package was $9.50 a day plus gratuities, so it was $1 a day more than online before sailing. The alcohol package was $58 per day plus gratuities.

There were discounts for the specialty restaurants. I can't tell you how much they were discounted as we had a 5 night package so didn't need to get any other restaurant packages.