Beach Bungalows at Labadee

viajes001

We were the first people there so we were able to get a person on a golf cart to take us back and we were able to get the bungalow of our choice.

Does this mean specific bungalows are first come first choice? Our group has two reserved. We would like to get two next to each other. I was thinking specific bungalows were assigned but your comment makes me think otherwise.

We're really looking forward to this stop. It's day six of our cruise and it will hopefully be a fantastic rest and recovery day. :D

Any idea what they do if its a rainy day>

cheers

Does this mean specific bungalows are first come first choice? Our group has two reserved. We would like to get two next to each other. I was thinking specific bungalows were assigned but your comment makes me think otherwise.

We're really looking forward to this stop. It's day six of our cruise and it will hopefully be a fantastic rest and recovery day. :D

Any idea what they do if its a rainy day>

cheers

Yes , we booked 2 this past April , and I was the first one to the bungalows and the guy puts us in the first 2 and I asked to go to number 2 and 3 and it was no problem. That was our experience .

• 6 months later...
Yes , we booked 2 this past April , and I was the first one to the bungalows and the guy puts us in the first 2 and I asked to go to number 2 and 3 and it was no problem. That was our experience .

There is a limit of 8 people per bungalow. We have 10 but three are 3ys old and under....1yr..2yr..and 3yr old. Do they count towards the 8 person limit?

There is a limit of 8 people per bungalow. We have 10 but three are 3ys old and under....1yr..2yr..and 3yr old. Do they count towards the 8 person limit?

Kids under 5 count as two people each.

• Like 1

Kids under 5 count as two people each.

Just looking for a real answer, not a stupid reply from someone trying to be cute. We are going with our kids and grand kids and can't get an answer from Royal. Hoping someone with intelligence might have an answer.

Just looking for a real answer, not a stupid reply from someone trying to be cute. We are going with our kids and grand kids and can't get an answer from Royal. Hoping someone with intelligence might have an answer.

The limit is 8, regardless of age.

Just found another post saying they had 12 adults and another of 16. It was posted by a person who bought 2 for a 12 person party. The people at the beach told them next time only book one as they have more than enough chairs. I just can't see how 3 kids , 1, 2, and 3 can count as an adult. I know on airport transfers under 5 is free. If they give us a problem, Grandma and Grandpa will go elsewhere. We are not huge beach people any more.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2441249

Just found another post saying they had 12 adults and another of 16. It was posted by a person who bought 2 for a 12 person party. The people at the beach told them next time only book one as they have more than enough chairs. I just can't see how 3 kids , 1, 2, and 3 can count as an adult. I know on airport transfers under 5 is free. If they give us a problem, Grandma and Grandpa will go elsewhere. We are not huge beach people any more.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2441249

Hi, I went and looked at that thread and while it does say that a 'beach attendant' told them that (a year and a half ago), that doesn't mean your experience would be the same. Also, everyone counts as a person, regardless of age. I get what you're saying, I've got 7 grandchildren and sometimes there's the 'under a certain age' is free, but just as often, they count them in the overall headcount limit. I've cruised with the grandkids, when the youngest were 1 and 3, and here are my thoughts on this: Sometimes three toddlers can take up as much space as three linebackers. By that I mean that they need space to run around like banshees and have fun. They like to kick sand, shriek at the tops of their lungs, it's what they do and how they have fun. They also come with a lot of 'stuff'. Diaper bags, strollers, toys (they all have a favorite) and so on. They also need space to nap--since bungalows are an all day rental. The bungalows are fairly close together and you might want a space for napping and also for running around without encroaching on a neighbor's space. Not everyone who rents for the whole day may have little kids. I know for me, I'd rather stay within the guidelines, giving the kids extra space to be kids, space for naps, space for the adults to lounge too and NOT have to try and keep a large group corralled into a fairly small space so as not to bother the person next to me who might have rented it as a relaxing, romantic spot. I never want to be 'that family' just to save some $$. I feel like you're sort of thinking this type of thing in the back of your mind, but looking for validation that booking just one could work, and that would save you some money (something I'm a total fan of myself). So there's my two cents, from someone who knows what it's like to have a big crew of 'little people' along for the fun.

Hi, I went and looked at that thread and while it does say that a 'beach attendant' told them that (a year and a half ago), that doesn't mean your experience would be the same. Also, everyone counts as a person, regardless of age. I get what you're saying, I've got 7 grandchildren and sometimes there's the 'under a certain age' is free, but just as often, they count them in the overall headcount limit. I've cruised with the grandkids, when the youngest were 1 and 3, and here are my thoughts on this: Sometimes three toddlers can take up as much space as three linebackers. By that I mean that they need space to run around like banshees and have fun. They like to kick sand, shriek at the tops of their lungs, it's what they do and how they have fun. They also come with a lot of 'stuff'. Diaper bags, strollers, toys (they all have a favorite) and so on. They also need space to nap--since bungalows are an all day rental. The bungalows are fairly close together and you might want a space for napping and also for running around without encroaching on a neighbor's space. Not everyone who rents for the whole day may have little kids. I know for me, I'd rather stay within the guidelines, giving the kids extra space to be kids, space for naps, space for the adults to lounge too and NOT have to try and keep a large group corralled into a fairly small space so as not to bother the person next to me who might have rented it as a relaxing, romantic spot. I never want to be 'that family' just to save some $$. I feel like you're sort of thinking this type of thing in the back of your mind, but looking for validation that booking just one could work, and that would save you some money (something I'm a total fan of myself). So there's my two cents, from someone who knows what it's like to have a big crew of 'little people' along for the fun.

Thanks for the reply.