Live Review from Adventure of the Seas October 14, 2017

J

I have to work tomorrow, so my vacation officially begins at 6:00P.M Friday October 13th. I will be staying at the Columbus Oh. airport Friday night to get on my 6:00A flight Saturday morning, connection through PHL, and hopefully arriving San Juan around 2:30P.M

What airline connects through PHL? We usually go SW through Baltimore or Orlando. I'm working the Columbus Marathon, or I'd offer to come along and offer security. Enjoy, can't wait to hear how San Juan looks to you.

What airline connects through PHL? We usually go SW through Baltimore or Orlando. I'm working the Columbus Marathon, or I'd offer to come along and offer security. Enjoy, can't wait to hear how San Juan looks to you.

American.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Made it to the Comfort Inn in Condado! They are running on generators but we have AC in the room! Airport is very crowded...the lights are on but AC is not. Also, the arrival/departure boards don’t work in the terminal, in case you are meeting someone.

Cell and WiFi Service is spotty. Cold bottled water was readily available at the gift shop near gate C8. Some shops and concessions in the airport are opened, but many closed. Taxis were readily available . We tipped our driver very well and he agreed to come back to the hotel to take us to the ship in the morning. Safe travels to everyone!

Made it to the Comfort Inn in Condado! They are running on generators but we have AC in the room! Airport is very crowded...the lights are on but AC is not. Also, the arrival/departure boards don’t work in the terminal, in case you are meeting someone.

Cell and WiFi Service is spotty. Cold bottled water was readily available at the gift shop near gate C8. Some shops and concessions in the airport are opened, but many closed. Taxis were readily available . We tipped our driver very well and he agreed to come back to the hotel to take us to the ship in the morning. Safe travels to everyone!

Great news! Enjoy your cruise!

Glad to hear you made it there ok. Looking forward to any updates you can rely during your trip.. Have fun!!!

Normally I drive myself to the Columbus airport at 3am. This time I decided to drive up the night before and get a hotel at the airport with parking and shuttle. Hotel was just $15 more than airport parking for the week.

Lesson learned was that it was so much easier to say goodbye to the husband and kids when I left at 3am. I always gave them my goodbye, miss you's, text me, etc before they went to bed and I was gone when they woke up.

It was so much harder to do the good bye tonight after dinner. They're good kids and I know they will be okay and check in with me often. They are meeting me at the airport when I get back home to go to Boo at the Zoo.

4:00am comes early. Can never get a good deep sleep before these early morning flights because no matter how many alarms I set, I'm always paranoid that I'm going to oversleep, or my alarm won't go off.

Beautiful drive up though.

45aca34845591e3c3bc4b235a85600bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. While you are at the airport can you look at the taxi availability?

Thanks

We are on the same cruise as the OP. We got in nervously on Thursday, not being able to confirm our hotel at the comfort inn due to power outages. We had no issues, we picked up a rental car at the airport. There were taxis, I didn't see many at the airport but the stand was manned and they may have to wait a bit further down. We have seen taxis in Condado regularly. There is still no power most places, including the airport when we arrived, but there are still places open via generator and some even just open daylight hours.

Hi, I'm going on a cruise on Nov 11 and also staying in San Juan the night before the cruise. I am curious as to the conditions in SJ and we are also staying at the San Juan Marriott Miramar. Is that the hotel you are staying at? There are 2 Marriotts in SJ. I spoke to someone at the hotel yesterday and they are still on generators and lock their doors at 6pm for safety. This is the first time I am using this site so I hope I am doing this correctly. Thanks for any info you can give me.

The conditions in San Juan aren't great, but not horrible either. I don't see the power situation getting much better quickly, tons of downed power lines and snapped poles. We have been in old san Juan during the day and Condado both during the day and evening and have came across friendly locals, as usual, safety hasn't been any concern I these areas, even if it's a little darker than usual.

I didn't over sleep! Hooray! Made it to the Columbus Airport and now boarding my flight to Philadelphia. I am on my way. :) C6a8ad5d917c18b3bba511ce16babfd13.jpg.

Cannot wait to meet everyone on board. Our roll call group is having an informal meet n greet at 4:00pm today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The conditions in San Juan aren't great, but not horrible either. I don't see the power situation getting much better quickly, tons of downed power lines and snapped poles. We have been in old san Juan during the day and Condado both during the day and evening and have came across friendly locals, as usual, safety hasn't been any concern I these areas, even if it's a little darker than usual.

Good to hear!

Just getting my thread started for the upcoming Adventure of the Seas sailing from San Juan on October 14th. I know I enjoy reading live reviews and find them very informative and help with the countdown excitement. I'm traveling solo on "mom vacation" for the week. This is my second S. Caribbean trip from San Juan, but first cruise on the Adventure.

I have to work tomorrow, so my vacation officially begins at 6:00P.M Friday October 13th. I will be staying at the Columbus Oh. airport Friday night to get on my 6:00A flight Saturday morning, connection through PHL, and hopefully arriving San Juan around 2:30P.M

There has been a bit of stress with this cruise, we all have been wondering if the cruise was going to be cancelled due to Hurricane devastation. I booked the cruise with cruisesonly about a year ago when I saw they had a single rate available, the last room in the category was an accessible interior cabin which I did not need an accessible room, but RCCL said since it was the last cabin available in that category then I can keep it for now, and they noted the account that if an accessible cabin was needed they could change my room. So I will hopefully be sharing lots of pictures of an accessible M interior cabin. I did wait until late to book my airfare, but booked right after Hurricane Marie when airfare prices were very low. Booked the airfare with RCCL in case of any delays they guarantee you to the ship. Roundtrip airfare was a little under $300 total. RCCL is also offering complimentary shuttle transfer from the airport to the pier.

The excursions I have booked are all beach days at different resorts. I'm just looking for relaxation and pampering.

Before my Live Review begins, I'll post a warning. I do not like to "short type" and I enjoy writing and sharing so if you do not enjoy long reviews with personal commentary then this may not be the live review for you to follow. I'm positive and always happy to help answer any questions while I'm on the ship.

Excited for you! My son and I will be on Adventure for the 10/28 sailing. I'll be reading your reviews!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

:) Yes, Royal is offering complimentary transfers between the airport and pier. I will use their transfers when I arrive, but my return flight is at 4:30P and the ship docks at 7:00A., so I'll have breakfast on board, then self disembark and grab a taxi to the San Juan Marriott to spend the day and take a taxi to the airport from there.
tell me about this Marriott. Will it be open for the day on Oct 28?