Joining ship at a later port?

texanaust

We are thinking of doing the Grand Voyage in SE Asia late next year. Embarkation is in Shanghai and my wife and I will embark at this port. Does anyone know if a third person in our party could embark a few days later in Hong Kong (or another port for that matter)? Has anyone been successful at doing something like this with MSC?

We are thinking of doing the Grand Voyage in SE Asia late next year. Embarkation is in Shanghai and my wife and I will embark at this port. Does anyone know if a third person in our party could embark a few days later in Hong Kong (or another port for that matter)? Has anyone been successful at doing something like this with MSC?

In the past I have arranged to disembark at an earlier port than the cruise was ending, it was just a matter of

telling you local MSC office of your requirements and they arrange it with the ship.

I'm sure this will apply in the case of getting on at a later port, but I suspect they will have to pay the full fare and not have a reduction, that's we what I had to do.

I have joined a ship on day 3 of a cruise before as well, but that was with RCI

Pete