Can anyone recommend a San Juan hotel still taking reservations in November?

Schplinky

Thank you but I just took a look online and it’s not my kind of place. I’m not going to just settle I’ll just rather spend time sitting in the airport then waste money at a place that I’m not going to like. Thank you for the suggestion!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't understand how that's "settling" when the options for hotels are slim.

But, ok....

I consider myself to be somewhat of a hotel snob. DH says my idea of camping is a 2* hotel (and he's right). We've stayed at Casablanca before and it's a lovely boutique hotel.

At this point as far as hotels in PR go, as long as it has running water, a clean bed and electricity (at least long enough to run my blow dryer) I'm going to count myself lucky.

Maybe we should start a list here similar to the PR web-site list, and add updates ourselves? Anyone interested. Here are my contributions, based on my recent experience. Feel free to add your own news about various hotels but let's try to keep it alphabetical and succinct

Caribe Hilton: Appears closed to the public. Not accepting new reservations through the end of the year

Condado Plaza Hilton: Hotel web-site says they are open with limited operations and are concentrating on recovery efforts

Doubletree: Hotel web-site says they are open with limited operations and are concentrating on recovery efforts

El San Juan Hotel: Hotel web-site says they are open with limited operations and are concentrating on recovery efforts

Embassy Suites: Hotel web-site says they are open with limited operations and are concentrating on recovery efforts

Hampton Inn: Not honoring or taking reservations from the general public for dates before December 1

Hyatt House San Jaun: Closed until at least November 1

Hyatt Place San Juan: Closed until at least November 1

When you call the hotels you get a different answer if you can even get through.

None of those hotels are up and running. And I agree with Veggie, I am going to stay at a nice hotel with a beautiful swimming pool, restaurants etc. I worked hard for it. I will not be made to feel guilty about that and will not settle. That is why we are staying in Fort Lauderdale for three nights. :cool:

AC Hotel: Assured me they are honoring current reservations (this was as of 10/17)

Caribe Hilton: Appears closed to the public. Not accepting new reservations through the end of the year

Casablanca: Open and accepting reservations

Comfort Inn: Open and accepting reservations

Condado Plaza Hilton: Hotel web-site says they are open with limited operations and are concentrating on recovery efforts

Doubletree: Hotel web-site says they are open with limited operations and are concentrating on recovery efforts

El San Juan Hotel: Hotel web-site says they are open with limited operations and are concentrating on recovery efforts

Embassy Suites: Hotel web-site says they are open with limited operations and are concentrating on recovery efforts

Hampton Inn: Not honoring or taking reservations from the general public for dates before December 1

OK your opinion.. A cruiselines needs to evaluate the whole picture. So what are people supposed to do? If there are no hotels and people‘s flights are days later where are they supposed to stay?

As harsh as it sounds, that is on you, not the cruise line. It seems like you would have better luck addressing that with the hotel that cancelled your reservation, but I don't see you getting very far down that path. It does look like you have managed to make other arrangements outside of San Juan so kudos to you. But the cruise line has responsibility to a myraid of other interests including other passengers (the majority, I would guess, who are not staying extra days post cruise), their employees, their suppliers, and their stockholders. All of them are relying on the income from the cruise still going forward.

AC Hotel: Assured me they are honoring current reservations (this was as of 10/17); rate calendar shows no availability until December

Courtyard Isla Verde: Rate calendar indicates now new reservations before November

Courtyard Miramar: Rate calendar indicates no availability until December

Marriott Stellaris: Rate calendar indicates no availability until December but a poster indicates they got a pre-paid reservation by calling hotel

Renaissance: Rate Calendar indicates no availability until December

Ritz Carleton: Calendar indicates they will be closed through August

When you call the hotels you get a different answer if you can even get through.

None of those hotels are up and running.

Based on trip reports from those already sailing, some hotels ARE open and my goal was to help people find the ones that are, should their reservations be canceled.

I understand that but it was my hope people would add to the list based on what hotels were telling them, too.

I'm so glad I came on here today. I had a reservation at the Intercontinental for Nov 3, and read a post above that they were canceling reservations until Dec1. I didn't get anything from the hotel notifying me so I called them directly and sure enough, they need to cancel. Ugh. Not sure why they hadn't contacted me. Immediately called Casablanca and was able to get a room. So thank you fellow cruisers for the info.

I'm so glad I came on here today. I had a reservation at the Intercontinental for Nov 3, and read a post above that they were canceling reservations until Dec1. I didn't get anything from the hotel notifying me so I called them directly and sure enough, they need to cancel. Ugh. Not sure why they hadn't contacted me. Immediately called Casablanca and was able to get a room. So thank you fellow cruisers for the info.

Glad you got another hotel. Just keep checking to be sure they will be open. Many are on generators and lacking some things related to services. We are trying to change our flight to leave the day we disembark. So far no luck :(

Glad you got another hotel. Just keep checking to be sure they will be open. Many are on generators and lacking some things related to services. We are trying to change our flight to leave the day we disembark. So far no luck :(

Try Holiday Inn Express in Condado. They appear open and are accepting reservations.

We had 2 days prior booked at the Hampton Inn. I was not notified about cancellations, but read it on their website. We decided to fly into Ft. Lauderdale instead for 2 nights. There is a direct Southwest flight into San Juan Saturday morning.

Correct. That is why Norwegian should’ve made other plans And sent us to Florida instead of San Juan for the repo from Boston. We are originating in Boston but we end in San Juan so just dump us there? Only a small portion of the island has electricity and the rest is running on generators, only part of the island has drinkable water and many places still need to be rebuilt. So yes dump 2000+ people there. Not everyone can fly out the same day or had plans to before the hurricanes. Now everyone scrambled to change their flights and so the flights are booked up. Where do I stay for 2 1/2 days? What about everyone else?

AC Hotel: Assured me they are honoring current reservations (this was as of 10/17); rate calendar shows no availability until December

Courtyard Isla Verde: Rate calendar indicates now new reservations before November

Courtyard Miramar: Rate calendar indicates no availability until December

Marriott Stellaris: Rate calendar indicates no availability until December but a poster indicates they got a pre-paid reservation by calling hotel

Renaissance: Rate Calendar indicates no availability until December

Ritz Carleton: Calendar indicates they will be closed through August

Hotel Plaza de Armas - took a reservation but has no power as of today. We changed our flights but it was Air2Sea and they insisted on a $300 change fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hotel El Convento is accepting reservations after 11/1. They reconfirmed mine last week and my sister just made a reservation when her hotel (Decanter) cancelled her reservation.

Hotel El Convento's facebook page also had this announcement:

Good news must be shared! These Old San Juan restaurants and bars are now open and ready to welcome you:

Buns Burger, Vaca Brava, Manolin's, Restaurante la Mallorca, Barrachina, Casa Cortés, Puerto Rico Café, Puerto Rico Drug, Supermercado Pueblo, Librería la Tertulia, el Mesón, la Taberna de Lúpulo, Bar del Hotel Terrazas de San Juan, and our lovely Patio del Níspero.

We suggest calling ahead before heading to any restaurant to confirm opening hours. Come and enjoy all the delicious authentic food and drinks we have to offer! #PuertoRicoSeLevanta #350YearsAndCounting

Sheal

Hotel El Convento is accepting reservations after 11/1. They reconfirmed mine last week and my sister just made a reservation when her hotel (Decanter) cancelled her reservation.

Good news must be shared! These Old San Juan restaurants and bars are now open and ready to welcome you:

Buns Burger, Vaca Brava, Manolin's, Restaurante la Mallorca, Barrachina, Casa Cortés, Puerto Rico Café, Puerto Rico Drug, Supermercado Pueblo, Librería la Tertulia, el Mesón, la Taberna de Lúpulo, Bar del Hotel Terrazas de San Juan, and our lovely Patio del Níspero.

We suggest calling ahead before heading to any restaurant to confirm opening hours. Come and enjoy all the delicious authentic food and drinks we have to offer! #PuertoRicoSeLevanta #350YearsAndCounting

Sheal

Web Site not taking Hotel reservations until December 1, 2017. No mention of Hotel taking reservations on Facebook, only mentions restaurants which are now open.

We also switched to 2 nights prior in Ft. Lauderdale! It's not worth the worrying about what will be open!!

None of those hotels are up and running. And I agree with Veggie, I am going to stay at a nice hotel with a beautiful swimming pool, restaurants etc. I worked hard for it. I will not be made to feel guilty about that and will not settle. That is why we are staying in Fort Lauderdale for three nights. :cool:

Web Site not taking Hotel reservations until December 1, 2017. No mention of Hotel taking reservations on Facebook, only mentions restaurants which are now open.

My sister called and spoke with someone at the hotel on Sunday to get her reservation. We will be there on 11/2 pre-cruise.

I just made my weekly call to the Holiday Inn Express Condado San Juan to reconfirm our hotel reservation for Friday, November 3 and was told they were no longer going to honor it because all rooms have been reserved for government employees. I told them I was disappointed that they hadn’t proactively contacted me, but it’s better to find out now versus showing up on November 3 to hear my reservation was now null and void.

Thankfully when I contacted American Airlines, there were still seats available for the November 4 flight into San Juan that arrives at 2:07pm. I don’t like flying into a cruise port on the day of embarkation, but in this case there aren’t any other options. Glad I stayed on top of the hotel reservation. This could happen to anyone, given the situation in PR.

Intercontinental did call and cancel us today even though we spoke to them on Monday and they told us they were open. Now they say December 31 - in any event we were able to directly contact the Doubletree San Juan and were able to get confirmation from them that they are open and taking reservations. We booked for Sunday Nov 26 and it was I believe $219...

Doubletree is running on generators and the 219 does not incude tax and resort fees, so it's about $300 and the swimming pool is closed, they can't run it off the generators. Just letting you know that you may still get cancelled, be careful.

Doubletree is running on generators and the 219 does not incude tax and resort fees, so it's about $300 and the swimming pool is closed, they can't run it off the generators. Just letting you know that you may still get cancelled, be careful.

All 3 restaurants and Pool are open and running (Facebook Page).

Sheal

Hotel El Convento can be booked for single nights using Booking.com. Rooms show availability from November 2nd forward. You must book a minimum of 2 nights if booking direct using the direct hotel website.