Adding perks before final payment

papa B me

I booked the POA Hawaii cruise for Feb 2019 almost two years in advance. It isn't eligible yet for the free perk package. If they add it to new bookings in the coming months will they add it to my existing reservation if we request if before final payment? We booked the DOS and there is only one of these on the ship so I'm assuming no but thought I would see if anyone has had experience with this situation

I booked the POA Hawaii cruise for Feb 2019 almost two years in advance. It isn't eligible yet for the free perk package. If they add it to new bookings in the coming months will they add it to my existing reservation if we request if before final payment? We booked the DOS and there is only one of these on the ship so I'm assuming no but thought I would see if anyone has had experience with this situation

Probably will not add it. If they do add perks you will likely notice a price increase and you would have to pay the price difference. You can only get the perks that are available at booking (you can change them all you want, but only to include the ones available at booking).

We booked and re-booked our current cruise twice - once to take advantage of a price reduction and once to enhance our perks. This is where a PCC can help you - they know immediately when something changes in a cruise offering and if they are on the top of their game, they will contact you to advise you of the new opportunities. But, ultimately you are responsible to watch for better pricing/perks and when you find them, seize the opportunity. Prior to final payment, YOU are in control; after that NCL has the upper hand.