Yikes! I think I overdid it....

TidePrideGA

DH just made me justify exactly WHY we need 2 LARGE suitcases and 3 carry-ons for 3 people. I had to go over each bag with him and tell him roughly what's in it....

The 2 suitcases are 85% clothes and shoes with a few odds and ends tucked here and there. My carry-on is all electronic stuff... cameras, laptop, etc. His carry-on is mostly stuff we'll need Sunday until we get our luggage - the clothes we'll wear on, our bathing suits, sun block, etc. DS's carry-on is mostly "beauty stuff" - for all 3 of us - shaving cream, etc. for them, my cosmetics and toiletries, hair dryer, etc. and DS's overflow clothes.

I told him I had no idea why we were taking a blender, crockpot, iron and patio furniture - I just read on CC it was a good idea :D

Yes, I know I overpacked - I'm sure I'll do better on our next cruise. Now he's worried about having to drive a 5,000 pound car with an extra 1,000 pounds (not counting the 3 of us) in it :rolleyes:

Might this be a 34-day cruise?

Would that it were! Sigh.... no, it's 7 :eek:

The funny thing about this last minute hissy fit of his is I've been telling him for DAYS I was worried about everything fitting in the car - what do you suppose he think I meant??

I told him I had no idea why we were taking a blender, crockpot, iron and patio furniture - I just read on CC it was a good idea :D

Yes, I know I overpacked - I'm sure I'll do better on our next cruise. Now he's worried about having to drive a 5,000 pound car with an extra 1,000 pounds (not counting the 3 of us) in it :rolleyes:

Don't forget your own spices (cruise food is so bland because of all those old folks special diets). And the fishing pole for over the railings of the ship. Gotta have something for your crockpot. And did you empty your mouthwash bottles and load them up with all your favorite beverages.

Seriously, you didn't overpack cause you didn't mention that you had to have an extra large suitcase just for all your shoes!

Seriously, you didn't overpack cause you didn't mention that you had to have an extra large suitcase just for all your shoes!

I thought that was an automatic thing that everybody brought along so it didn't need mentioning, sort of like your passport. How do you get along without the extra bag for your shoes?

I thought that was an automatic thing that everybody brought along so it didn't need mentioning, sort of like your passport. How do you get along without the extra bag for your shoes?

I have no clue cause I always have one, but the OP didn't mention the shoe bag so she must not be taking enough shoes.:)

Hmmm ... you didn't over pack. Not really. You can leave out the patio furniture, and they'll have plenty of blenders aboard. :)

Generally, Christopher will wear the tighter clothing at the beginning of the cruise, and the looser fitting clothing toward the end. :D

When I cruise alone I take 1 medium sized suitcase, 1 garment bag, and 1 carry on. I've tried cruising with just the garment bag WELL stuffed and a carry on, but that has been a disaster in the past, so I'll keep cruising with 2 check bags EVEN when it's just me on a 10 day cruise.

Frankly, I never pack much more than enough for 10 days. Even on a 21 day cruise, I pack enough for 10 days and wash. The DIFFICULT cruises are those with multiple environments -- i.e., cruises that start in warm weather and go to cold weather.

DH just made me justify exactly WHY we need 2 LARGE suitcases and 3 carry-ons for 3 people. I had to go over each bag with him and tell him roughly what's in it....

That's exactly the baggage we're taking for a 7-day cruise (with 3 nights pre-cruise). Not excessive by our estimation!

Wow...doesn't sound like you overpacked at all--at least not compared to us! :D (DH has his various pieces of luggage spread out in guest room as we speak....6 days:) )

Just remind your DH that you're continuing cruisers' dedication to providing job security for the porters at the ship terminals! Have a great cruise!:D

Two large peices of luggage doesn't sound like too much especially for 3 people.

If they are very large and stuffed to capacity be careful they do not go over the weight limit at the airport. :eek:

And if you dive that involves another two large bags. So we end up with 5 checked bags and two carryons for a 7-day cruise. Also if you use pants with an elastic waistband, you can get by with the post cruise expansion. I told my wife one of the reason I go on cruises is so that I can get a decent meal. (ducking frying pan as I type)

Dave

Archived