Are ship pins still available for Latitude members?

realnurse2

Hi! Hope to find a Gem pin available on the Nov 19th cruise out of NYC . Are these still available? Thanks.

From NCL's website FAQ:

"Commemorative ship pins are no longer available in the refreshed program. As a Latitudes Rewards member you will receive a bottle of sparkling wine in your stateroom to welcome your return to Norwegian."

My last 2 recent cruises (Dawn & Star) did not have them. I asked.

The pins we have gotten are the same for each ship. It's an NCL pin, not ship specific.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You must be thinking of something else...the pins are ship specific. The latest design even included the hull art from the particular ship. This is the pin from Norwegian Jewel:

b4f71a_62b72662dc7841ab9bff8bcaa3f6433e~mv2.jpg

Hi! Hope to find a Gem pin available on the Nov 19th cruise out of NYC . Are these still available? Thanks.

The pins were discontinued as a benefit during the most recent revision(s) to the Latitude Program. Once the ships run out of stock, there will be no more. Needless to say, as time goes on, more and more ships are depleting their stock. It is kind of a crapshoot as to whether or not they will still be available for you.

One avenue to explore is eBay. There are people selling them there...just watch as some sellers think the pins are far more valuable than they really are (as evidenced by listing prices that are waaaaaay too high).

Another avenue is to find someone with pins that they would be willing to sell, trade, or give you. There is a thread on the board for people looking to trade pins on a one-for-one basis. Check it out at: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2473621

Cruise ship pins are getting more rare by the moment - even the cheap mass produced Chinese ones made of plastic.

Suggest if you are a collector to look up what you can find on ebay - LINK:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=NCL+CRUISE+SHIP+PINS&_sacat=0

The ship pins that were FREE on ship are fair traded at an average of $10 or so - expect to pay more for the

vintage metal ones.

NCL is not the only cruise line with ship pins browse further - Carnival - RCCL - others .....