Regal Princess October 14 to 21, 2017 New England/Canada

Bimmer09

Great start and we have not even left the dock! I did hide bookmarks and the pics explode on my screen. Love them. Amazing how we can look at the same thing and see it differently!

Love the pics and wit, so we will get to revisit a NE trip we did in 2005 with you as our eyes and ears. Almost like being there.... :)

So glad to see your review. Did this same literary in September on the Crown. Found her in good shape. This trip I traveled by train from Baltimore. Very relaxing. Went same day and grabbed a taxi. Ours was only $32 so less traffic.

Coming to New York i December and staying at La Quinta on 72nd. Looking forward to the park. In April coming up to see My Fair Lady at Lincoln center. Staying at The Palace. Hoped you enjoyed the Regal as much as I did. We didn't make Bar Harbour, but still plenty of lobster. Pam

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Forums mobile app

I want to show you a place I just mentioned and which would become my home from home (home being Caribe C 743) and where I would show up each morning around 5.30 am. It was the place Jonathan (Cruiserking) had tipped me off about. Deck 17 aft .

37933836332_b12de733b3_b.jpg

It was here that I had my first Guinness of the cruise and on the day we were leaving the ship the engineering crew were installing one of those blue plaques to that Historical fact.

This would be an early morning shot just after the sun came up- you can see that I am drinking coffee and not Guinness. The chairs were comfy and the people I talked to or ignored were ever-changing. A shout out to Mike and Marissa whom I met on day 1 and everyday after. Michael the Canon camera user who was just getting interested in photography. Debbie from New Jersey who was a great conversationalist daily, traveling solo with a cruising background on Cunard and Crystal and a lady who was a keen photographer whom I gave CC info to. I only met one person familiar with CC (and I asked everyone I talked to) and that was Ron (Needtocruisesoon) and that was on the last day. Ron was a blast and I'm not talking Suicide Bomber (thankfully)

37933825632_0f782f0862_b.jpg

There is no bar there but there is one a deck below on 16 (Lido Deck) just outside the buffet and a waiter from there would work the smoking section. Coffee and hot water for tea plus iced water were always there when I sat alone at 5.30 am with my bag of cameras, hoping for a sunrise.

37933840552_3ac0180172_b.jpg

From my first sit there, served by Roisul from the Philippines I was the Guinness man and at times I just made the mime of someone chugging down a beer to get what I wanted without words. I tip a dollar for good service, even though it is charged on the drink itself.

I am sitting in New York harbor, drinking a cold Guinness on a warm day smoking a cigarette after a fine hot meal. Wearing crisp clean clothes and shoes and smelling of Armani (spray and walk away). Although I typically wear a blank expression, if you were standing nearby wondering if Norris was happy at that moment you would only have to be observant- does he have an ashtray? Is there a cold frothy Guinness in a glass? Does he have a bag of cameras? Is he on a cruise ship? If the answer to all of these is YES, then rest assured he is happy. He looks like his mind is far away and it is. It is already at sail away, and tendering in Newport and Bar Harbor and is thinking about Boston and on to Canada and about what's for dinner and what will the show be like and why is the pool in front of him full of cold water? (answer to that much later) And he's thinking about Little Snowy at home and "I bet Carol is napping on the balcony" (a safe bet) and about what they have planned when they return to New York and he's thinking about his first fleeting impressions of the Regal Princess which he has yet to explore. He has a week to do that....

Edited by Bimmer09
spelling

So glad to see your review. Did this same literary in September on the Crown. Found her in good shape. This trip I traveled by train from Baltimore. Very relaxing. Went same day and grabbed a taxi. Ours was only $32 so less traffic.

Coming to New York i December and staying at La Quinta on 72nd. Looking forward to the park. In April coming up to see My Fair Lady at Lincoln center. Staying at The Palace. Hoped you enjoyed the Regal as much as I did. We didn't make Bar Harbour, but still plenty of lobster. Pam

.Sent from my LG-LS777 using Forums mobile app

Pam, great to see you again!

We saw My Fair lady earlier this year at the Lyric Opera so you are in for a great time at Lincoln Center (which you'll see after this cruise in our New York for two days episode)

Is the Palace hotel the Lotte Palace on E 51st? I got my morning Starbucks just across from it.

I had the Bar Harbor webcam on my computer and watched it each day for two weeks before sailing and was hopeful we didn't have to cancel that stop. As it turned out we saw every port and had clement weather for a week, although some fog and fierce wind at night traveling at 20 knots.

Cheers!

Norris

Great start and we have not even left the dock! I did hide bookmarks and the pics explode on my screen. Love them. Amazing how we can look at the same thing and see it differently!

Love the pics and wit, so we will get to revisit a NE trip we did in 2005 with you as our eyes and ears. Almost like being there.... :)

Sam, glad to have you sailing along with us! Glad you hid your bookmarks too as the pictures are better seen BIG.

Cheers!

Norris

Norris,

I stumbled upon your review (actually stumbled as I had a few too many Bulleit Manhattans). Went back to read your Silhouette review as we board her next Saturday for a WB transatlantic. We are Celebrity loyalists and looking to try Princess. Your photos are amazing. Looking forward to reading about your journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DRAT! I'm 6 pages behind! I knew you would be home soon! I'll try to catch up and read all about it. I even knew songs at the beginning and I couldn't play because I joined the party late. I'll just sit off in the wings and drink a Guinness... I know you would approve.

Looking forward to reading your journal!

Gabrielle

We are in New York

26150176379_b8bc57f589_b.jpg

26150178239_0b1748fb77_b.jpg

Sitting in the harbor

37872720516_658d41228e_b.jpg

But not for much longer according to the deck clock (we leave at 5pm)

One of my favorite singers-Pink- on the giant Movies Under The Stars screen above deck 16. I last saw this show on the Emerald two years ago docked in Genoa.

A band has set up for Sailaway Partying under the Love Boat sign.

Muster is at 4.15 and I have to get unpacked. As we are all the way aft it will be held in Vista Lounge, deck 7 aft.
26150334479_956c3c6227_b.jpg

37216354224_be8c0bb564_b.jpg

A comfortable smoking area? Be still my heart! Hope they have similar on the Royal.

If you check out the deck plans for Deck 17, it shows quite a difference aft between the Regal and Royal unfortunately. Maybe someone has a suggestion as where to go on the Royal to have some of the ambiance that shows up on the Regal pictures?

Pooh

Glad to see you back and will look forward to your review. we sailed on sister ship Royal in feb so will be interested in what you thought. We enjoyed most of it but could really have done with something in place of the fountain !

If you check out the deck plans for Deck 17, it shows quite a difference aft between the Regal and Royal unfortunately. Maybe someone has a suggestion as where to go on the Royal to have some of the ambiance that shows up on the Regal pictures?

Pooh

I believe I have read that it is a good spot on the Royal, but would love to hear from anyone with experience first hand!

Well nothing makes me happier than a new Norris review! Settling in for a good read [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Welcome again to one of my rambles,jzad!. It's very gratifying to see familiar names coming up the gangway. I can promise you a comfy front row seat in the dazzling Regal Piazza if not one in the Princess Theater...

But I am skipping ahead.

Norris

Welcome again to one of my rambles,jzad!. It's very gratifying to see familiar names coming up the gangway. I can promise you a comfy front row seat in the dazzling Regal Piazza if not one in the Princess Theater...

But I am skipping ahead.

Norris

Norris I am awaiting your expert and trusty review of the Pub Lunch. I saw you had the Pot Pie and looked delish.

I had the "Bangers" and Jamie had the "Fish n Chips". Both were tasty however the Bangers were delivered luke warm, much to my chagrin.

Yours in Guinness,

Ron

So glad to see another Bimmer review! Looking forward to more.

Linda & Mike

Lin, welcome back to a Norris review! More is on the way but now I am being whisked away to a BBQ joint of local renown for some chopped brisket. It's been frustratingly hard this week to get good writing time so I have taken tomorrow off work to get this thing to sea at 20 knots.

I have just uploaded my Regal Sail away video to Youtube....should see that Sunday but don't quote me.

Cheers!

Norris

Norris I am awaiting your expert and trusty review of the Pub Lunch. I saw you had the Pot Pie and looked delish.

I had the "Bangers" and Jamie had the "Fish n Chips". Both were tasty however the Bangers were delivered luke warm, much to my chagrin.

Yours in Guinness,

Ron

Ron, where I come from it would be "pistols at dawn" if a waiter brought me lukewarm bangers and mash. They are flavorful though-that onion gravy...mmmm. I am a Steak and Kidney pie man primarily and theirs is an authentic reminder of my homeland (and I don't mean Caribe deck although I could live there quite happily)

I am hoping that tomorrow I can kick into Warp Drive and drive this ship a bit faster as I am sitting on a motherlode of good stuff and have much to day about this vessel and Princess and the itinerary.

Keep your remembrances coming on the board- I read them with relish (hold the mayo) and they remind me that on a ship with 3600 pax there are 3600 different cruise experiences.

I remain, yours truly

Lord Guinness of Caribe