Excursion credit

medtech71

Hope someone can answer this...I am going to be getting a $50/port excursion credit for 4 ports...so, can I save them up for one port ie $200 on one excursion in one port?

There is only one we're interested in..

Thanks

Nope. It's $50 per cabin, per port. And you have to either book over the phone or on the ship to get the discount.

Nope. It's $50 per cabin, per port. And you have to either book over the phone or on the ship to get the discount.

X2! Also, at least when we had that promotion, the credit didn't show up on our bill until after the shore excursion was taken.

Terms and Conditions from the NCL web site:

$50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit:

$50 USD per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

Merci...I guess that explains it...

We enjoyed our previous NCL cruise and are looking forward to our upcoming one, but their "free" offers sure do come with all sorts of hidden garbage (such as the added Service Charge$ if you select either the UBP or SDP).

We enjoyed our previous NCL cruise and are looking forward to our upcoming one, but their "free" offers sure do come with all sorts of hidden garbage (such as the added Service Charge$ if you select either the UBP or SDP).

Does that surprise you? Pretty much every industry does that. That's why it's so important that people take the time to read the Terms and Conditions of the promotions they are accepting.

Does that surprise you? Pretty much every industry does that. That's why it's so important that people take the time to read the Terms and Conditions of the promotions they are accepting.

True, but when we were thinking of the UBP as one of our freebies, it was a little shocking to see a $300 service charge for it. We don't even plan to buy $300 worth of drinks on this cruise, let alone the sheer number that would require that much of a gratuity.

True, but when we were thinking of the UBP as one of our freebies, it was a little shocking to see a $300 service charge for it. We don't even plan to buy $300 worth of drinks on this cruise, let alone the sheer number that would require that much of a gratuity.

Then choose a different perk.

One good thing that the did change was there used to be a limit to the number of ports for a max savings of $150 or $200 (I forget if it was three or four ports). Now it's one for each port including the disembarkation port.

We rarely take ship excursions and had the $50 option.

On a recent cruise, our "guest" did not make any decisions until we were ashore in the terminal. We booked the hopon hop off at a kiosk and they actually charged it to our room account.

Good news... we got the $50 credit.

It's one per port on the current promotions but in the past it was only one $50 credit, period. In the past it was not per port.

I'm guessing I only get one 50.00 port credit. This is what's stated on my edocs.

ncl3.png.8b6c9fa997704b9be1a32376580f2abc.png

One other thing to note is certain itineraries get all three credits in one port (7 day Bermuda cruise for instance out of NY). You will have 3 separate $50.00 credits that must be used on three separate shore excursions.

I only know this because in September I sailed to Bermuda and was given $150.00 in shore excursion credit for our 3 day Bermuda stay. I booked a shore excursion for two people (both of us were in the same cabin) totaling $160.00 but they only credited me $50.00 towards the excursion. It's $50.00 per excursion per cabin even though they show you have $150.00 in credit at that port. I lost out on the other $100.00 thinking I had already used it.

It's one per port on the current promotions but in the past it was only one $50 credit, period. In the past it was not per port.

Guess we have picked the itinerary each time that had a $50 per port credit. Definitely would not choose that if it was for only one port

It’s not a surcharge. It is the 18% gratuity that you would have to pay even if you purchased the package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk