Favourite "off the menu" drinks -WCB-

pugdad1

Just wondering what everyone has had and enjoyed at the World Class Bar. I was on the Reflection and had a blueberry concoction that was very pleasing, but for the life of me I cannot remember the name of it.

So...whats your favourite "off the menu drink" there?

None of the ones the previous posters mentioned would be made at the World Class Bar. They only have specific liquors and ingredients.

I've had a few that weren't technically on the menu, more from past menus that the bartenders suggested to try. But honestly they were so good that I seem to have trouble remembering any of them. ;-)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Read what the OP is asking. The OP is asking about the World Class Bar. Not any other Bar.

Currently on the Equinox. Had some drinks at the WCB every night and the BT, Tamara (sp) will not deviate at all from the menu. If it isn’t on the menu or a featured drink she won’t make it.

Drink up 🍸🍷🍺🍹🥂🍻🍾

Edited by miched

The bartenders at WCB hate when people come up and order a beer, wine, soda, or any old drink that isn't one of their cocktails. And it happens constantly. I've seen some people even get really angry and nasty with the bartenders when they're told they can't get regular drinks. Never saw the bartenders be rude back but then they turn around and roll their eyes.

One of our favorite bars but still prefer the former Molecular Bar menu instead.

Read what the OP is asking. The OP is asking about the World Class Bar. Not any other Bar.

Currently on the Equinox. Had some drinks at the WCB every night and the BT, Tamara (sp) will not deviate at all from the menu. If it isn’t on the menu or a featured drink she won’t make it.

Drink up 🍸🍷🍺🍹🥂🍻🍾

I've had a similar experience at the WCB where the bartender would not make anything unless on the menu. fortunately that only happened once and every other cruise they have been happy to make me special drinks or the cocktails from Sushi on 5. I was able to get one bartender to make me a Fresca Picante from the old Molecular Bar. That was awesome, me and my friend would have 2 or 3 of them each night night before dinner. That bartender got a healthy tip! We were on the Equinox in June and Ram and Igor were happy to mix up special drinks for us once we got to know them.

I love the spicy mango martini from Sushi on 5 that is made in the WCB. We have found the bartenders willingness to deviate depends on the crowds. If they are busy they tend to not go off menu, because then other people may ask what the drink is, and want one. 😏

Ram and Igor from Equinox were definitely the best!

I love the spicy mango martini from Sushi on 5 that is made in the WCB. We have found the bartenders willingness to deviate depends on the crowds. If they are busy they tend to not go off menu, because then other people may ask what the drink is, and want one. [emoji57]

Ram and Igor from Equinox were definitely the best!

Interesting. I'm not a seafood eater so I've never gone near Sushi on 5 but coincidentally looked at their menu yesterday online and saw they had some interesting cocktails. I'll have to see if the WCB would make any of them for me on Reflection in December. If not, does anyone know if you can just get those cocktails at Sushi on 5 without actually sitting down to eat?

I was on the Reflection and had a blueberry concoction that was very pleasing, but for the life of me I cannot remember the name of it.

You had the "El Don Julio", it's my favourite in WCB.

Others I like:

"Don Julio Paloma" (refreshing)

"Bulleit Infusion" (strong, fruity, spicy)

"Zacapa Above The Clouds" (after-dinner, smokey)

My wife's favourites:

"Tropically Your's" (coconut, pineapple)

"Sailor's Crush" (pineapple, mint, lime)

"Strawberry Fields" (Strawberries, grapefruit, bitters)

(y)

Drink up 🍸🍷🍺🍹🥂🍻🍾

That was our experience, they wouldn't go off menu.

You had the "El Don Julio"' date=' it's my favourite in WCB.

Others I like:

"Don Julio Paloma" (refreshing)

"Bulleit Infusion" (strong, fruity, spicy)

"Zacapa Above The Clouds" (after-dinner, smokey)

My wife's favourites:

"Tropically Your's" (coconut, pineapple)

"Sailor's Crush" (pineapple, mint, lime)

"Strawberry Fields" (Strawberries, grapefruit, bitters)

(y)[/quote']

When we were on the Reflection last year the WCB was our favorite hangout. I made it my goal to try every drink at least once. Since my nephew and his wife are Don and Julie (and got married in Cancun, and gave all the guests 'Don Julio' shirts), all the Don Julio drinks were the first I tried.

All the drinks are good, I liked most of them. My husband likes bourbon, so he got the Bullit Infusion. A couple of the drinks are over the limit for the premium pkg, but not by much.

Can't wait to check out the WCB on the Equinox

When we were on the Reflection last year the WCB was our favorite hangout. I made it my goal to try every drink at least once. Since my nephew and his wife are Don and Julie (and got married in Cancun, and gave all the guests 'Don Julio' shirts), all the Don Julio drinks were the first I tried.

All the drinks are good, I liked most of them. My husband likes bourbon, so he got the Bullit Infusion. A couple of the drinks are over the limit for the premium pkg, but not by much.

Can't wait to check out the WCB on the Equinox

The Bullit Infusion is a really interesting drink. The flavor changes so much depending on how long it sits in that fancy flask. I had it 3 times and the flavor profile was completely different each time.

I've had a similar experience at the WCB where the bartender would not make anything unless on the menu. fortunately that only happened once and every other cruise they have been happy to make me special drinks or the cocktails from Sushi on 5. I was able to get one bartender to make me a Fresca Picante from the old Molecular Bar. That was awesome, me and my friend would have 2 or 3 of them each night night before dinner. That bartender got a healthy tip! We were on the Equinox in June and Ram and Igor were happy to mix up special drinks for us once we got to know them.

When on the Equinox in April Ram was the BT and did “adjust” the drinks. He is off right now and the females aren’t the friendliest. Santos is very friendly but he is under the eye of the main BT. They are strictly business. Spent some time there the first two nights and they never made an attempt really greet us or say our names when giving back our cards or drinks. I don’t believe in Tipping to buy service, attitude and etc. Do tip at the end when I do get it though and Ram was one of them.

Haven’t been spending much time at the WCB because of them.

Drink up 🍸🍷🍹🍾🥂