What to do with the Elite minibar for a non alcohol or coffee drinker?

Vexorg

Personally, I just have them replace everything with Perrier. I know that on a dollar value basis I am not getting a great deal, but the cold bubbles help encourage hydration and when it comes to travel I have learned: hydrate or die, never pass up a clean public bathroom and if you carry tissues you'll never have issues.

All we do is call room service the first day and they take care of the rest.

As others have stated give the items or coffee cards away...it is a gift from Princess to you and the items are easy to regift.

A few years ago we went on few fall/winter cruises and had the drink package so no need for the mini bar and didn't want the coffee cards. I gave soft drinks and h20s away on the ship. But brought the mini liquors home for stocking stuffers.

However now with the new rules for the drink package I might be keeping those cans, you might want to as well.

Edited by land lover

I think I would insist on giving you a twenty for a coffee card. Only fair. At least I would try.

Why would it be "only fair"...generosity seems to be a dying art. As elite we are given perks....I am grateful for them, but they are certainly not the reason I am cruising.They cost me nothin' at least that is how I feel, others claim they deserve these benefits because of the effort and treasure they spent to become elite...whatever........

My favorite benefit for elite is having afternoon tea delivered in our cabin...each to his own..

OP.......enjoy your cruise.

Interesting topic. My husband has no vices, LOL, he drinks no coffee, no tea, no pop and no alcohol. We have been Elites for a while and I have never heard it was possible to swap out the liquor for coffee cards. Hmmm. I usually just throw the little bottles into my suitcase and bring them home to my teenagers!!! If this is true, that I can do the swap for two coffee cards that would be great as the coffee cards can be used for multiple sailings. Yes, I know you cannot get coffee on the sailing following the purchase but you can still use the punches for the specialty coffees. Hence, I have a couple of coffee cards still which have the JOKER on them. Can someone tell me if they recently swapped the alcohol for coffee cards. I am set to sail in Asia in April.

Cant swap (just) the alcohol but can swap the entire minibar (10 alcohol items and 10 non alcohol items) for two coffee cards. No swapping 5 and 5 for one card, it’s all or nothing. Have done it lots of times. Call room service to arrange.

AE_Collector

Edited by AE_Collector
clarification

We will sailing on the Crown Princess in October 2018 on a TA and will be in a Penthouse Suite. We are not elite class. Neither my husband or I drink alcohol, so would want to get rid of the mini bar. Based on the responses, if I am understanding things correctly, we could swap everything in the mini bar for just diet Coke and bottled water OR 2 coffee cards. What exactly can the coffee cards be used for on Crown besides coffee (my husband drinks coffee but I do not)? Ideally I would like 1 coffee card for him and the other half of the mini bar be switched to diet Coke and water but sounds like that isn't an option.

No, swapping half the mini bar for one coffee card isn’t an option. Yes, you can swap everything for Diet Coke and bottled water.

There are lots of yummy drinks at the coffee bar, things like mocha and hot chocolate that might interest you?? Maybe someone can post the drink menu

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting topic. My husband has no vices, LOL, he drinks no coffee, no tea, no pop and no alcohol. We have been Elites for a while and I have never heard it was possible to swap out the liquor for coffee cards. Hmmm. I usually just throw the little bottles into my suitcase and bring them home to my teenagers!!! If this is true, that I can do the swap for two coffee cards that would be great as the coffee cards can be used for multiple sailings. Yes, I know you cannot get coffee on the sailing following the purchase but you can still use the punches for the specialty coffees. Hence, I have a couple of coffee cards still which have the JOKER on them. Can someone tell me if they recently swapped the alcohol for coffee cards. I am set to sail in Asia in April.

We were on the Oct 1st Coastal sailing on Ruby and traded our mini-bar for 2 coffee cards. Also, if they don't write the ship/sailing on the back of your coffee card, you may be able to use the coffee card for free brewed coffee & tea on subsequent cruises. Regardless, you can definitely use the coffee card for specialty coffees.

I read in another post that the coffee cards can be used for gelato as well. Is this correct

Lately it's been changing from ship to ship & unless someone has recently reported from a current cruise it's hard to say.

My personal opinion is that depending on how much gelato is remaining at the end of the night determines if they'll let people use the card or not.

Lately it's been changing from ship to ship & unless someone has recently reported from a current cruise it's hard to say.

My personal opinion is that depending on how much gelato is remaining at the end of the night determines if they'll let people use the card or not.

The ships I have sailed on when I have asked will not let a coffee card punch be used for gelato...however they are happy to give you a spoon full for free. I have never cared for the gelato and if it looks so good I've got to try it the sample spoon full is enough.

You can make friends by giving it away. I always give a drink or two to the cabin steward. I always say clean my cabin first and all the beers are yours. I don’t like beer.

The head waiter at Alfredo’s always had a table for me by a window he like the Courvoisier Cognac.

I have at least 4 Coffee Cards with no punches. So I don’t need them either. No I don’t want to sell them on eBay.

Pam that’s a great idea about the Coffee Cards thanks.

Tony

I wish someone would "gift me" a coffee card! LOL!

I think I would insist on giving you a twenty for a coffee card. Only fair. At least I would try.

I would too! It would be a bargain for me and a nice little treat for whomever "gives" them away!

I love coffee, so I always buy a card...or two....depending on how long the cruise is!!