Non alcoholic package

pamrose228

Just went online to purchase excursions for my upcoming Panama Canal cruise and bought the refreshment package for myself.

I was pretty surprised I was allowed to since I was told numerous times by CC all in your cabin had to. Payment processed coffee water mock tails here I come

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You bought a non alcoholic package.

As far as I know, it is only the Alcoholic Beverage Packages that all passengers over the age of 21 in the same cabin have to buy it, i.e., Signature Beverage Package and Elite Beverage Package.

I asked folks here about this several times and I always was told all packages. I’m just happy I could do this. I drink 4 coffees a day, Perrier and a few sodas.

Do you know what kind of soda I will get? TIA

Do they have a soda dispenser or is it all by the glass or can?

It depends on what boat you're on. When you have the non-alcoholic package ($17.95/day) or even just the Coca-Cola package ($8/day), they'll pour you sodas from the gun, which from my experience is kind of hit or miss depending on the bar. If you request a soda they don't have on the gun, they'll open a can and pour it into a glass for you. That was the better bet for me as they actually tasted the way they were supposed to. The 2 flavors that I noticed they didn't have on the gun on the Rotterdam was Coke Zero & Sprite Zero, but there may have been more that were gunned.

Most bartenders were lenient with the rules on the package, pouring 2 at once etc, but tipping them early in the cruise definitely helped with that as well. Keep in mind that they are only getting $1.20/day in service charge on the Cola package and just over double that on the Quench package, so it's not crazy to tip a buck for every other soda you get throughout the cruise to help balance it out. Was easier for me to just give them $5-10 early on in the cruise and I had great service for the entire remainder of my time on board.

Konigsdam has the new Coke Freestyle package which will let you pour your own from the freestyle machines, it also has more options as those machines mix flavors in on the spot (lemon, lime, cherry, etc). That would help with the soda gun issue for me, but with me preferring Coke Zero I shouldn't have any issues unless they add that to the soda gun.

Just to confirm I can bring on all the water and sodas I want in my suitcase? I have heard you can along with one bottle of wine each for in your room on your initial embarkation? I have heard conflicting information and the website is not very clear. Sailing on Eurodam at Christmas

Just to confirm I can bring on all the water and sodas I want in my suitcase? I have heard you can along with one bottle of wine each for in your room on your initial embarkation?

Yes, you can bring on all the soda and water you want in a carry-on, both at initial embarkation and at all ports.

You can bring on as much wine as you can carry, too. One bottle per adult is corkage-free, at embarkation.

Just to confirm I can bring on all the water and sodas I want in my suitcase? I have heard you can along with one bottle of wine each for in your room on your initial embarkation? I have heard conflicting information and the website is not very clear. Sailing on Eurodam at Christmas

Yes all the above. It’s the specialty coffees that I love plus the Perrier and Pellegrino waters help. Another thing I love water and soda cold with no ice. The fridges on the ships don’t cut it

Do they have a soda dispenser or is it all by the glass or can?

With the non alchoholic all inclusive package you can use the freestyle soda dispenser if the ship has it... you definitely can have canned soda if that's what you want. The only restriction that I remember on that package was that small bottles of water were included not large ones. The package included all other non-alcoholic beverages...

If you have the soda package only which is cheaper my understanding is that you have to use a freestyle machine or only get fountain pop no cans.

With the non alchoholic all inclusive package you can use the freestyle soda dispenser if the ship has it... you definitely can have canned soda if that's what you want. The only restriction that I remember on that package was that small bottles of water were included not large ones. The package included all other non-alcoholic beverages...

If you have the soda package only which is cheaper my understanding is that you have to use a freestyle machine or only get fountain pop no cans.

Going on the Z after refurb hoping soda machines are available. Website says all water included with a large bottle of pellegrino for dinner and excursions.

It's possible that you might be charged for the second person once you are onboard the ship.

I know that's what they say about the SBP. Please come back and let us know if they do that with the other packages as well.

Enjoy your cruise.

Just went online to purchase excursions for my upcoming Panama Canal cruise and bought the refreshment package for myself.

I was pretty surprised I was allowed to since I was told numerous times by CC all in your cabin had to. Payment processed coffee water mock tails here I come...

I asked folks here about this several times and I always was told all packages. I’m just happy I could do this. I drink 4 coffees a day, Perrier and a few sodas...

Your experience is a reminder that people should always direct such questions to HAL and never rely exclusively on CCers for current factual information, as much CCer "information" is anecdotal at best (with the attendant possibility that it is outdated and no longer accurate when posted) or just plain incorrect (whether intentional or not).

Smooth sailing :ship: :ship: :ship:

It's possible that you might be charged for the second person once you are onboard the ship.

I know that's what they say about the SBP. Please come back and let us know if they do that with the other packages as well.

Enjoy your cruise.

I don’t believe they can legally do that. Using different card for cruise.

This is what HAL posts on their website when you select the SBP for purchase.

If a Signature Beverage Package or Elite Beverage Package is purchased before your cruise, each guest over 21 years of age who is booked in the same stateroom must also purchase the same package. If this package is not purchased for each guest prior to the cruise, the stateroom account will be charged for the guests who have not purchased the package

Seems clear to me. Perhaps it won't happen. We've all heard lots of instances where the rules weren't applied the same on all of the ships.

Just be forewarned that you could be charged onboard for the second beverage package.

This is what HAL posts on their website when you select the SBP for purchase.

If a Signature Beverage Package or Elite Beverage Package is purchased before your cruise, each guest over 21 years of age who is booked in the same stateroom must also purchase the same package. If this package is not purchased for each guest prior to the cruise, the stateroom account will be charged for the guests who have not purchased the package

Seems clear to me. Perhaps it won't happen. We've all heard lots of instances where the rules weren't applied the same on all of the ships.

Just be forewarned that you could be charged onboard for the second beverage package.

OP is asking about a different, non-alcoholic, package, not the Signature or Elite Beverage Package.

Going on the Z after refurb hoping soda machines are available. Website says all water included with a large bottle of pellegrino for dinner and excursions.

Hi There: Looks like we're on the same cruise. I purchased that "Quench" package and looking forward to it..... I'll have at least a couple of speciality coffee's to kick-start my day, and at least one or two of the "mocktails" (loved them last time I was on HAL) and the bottle of Pellegrino with my meal..... (and conveniently, my room is very, very close to the Explorations Café....)

Hi There: Looks like we're on the same cruise. I purchased that "Quench" package and looking forward to it..... I'll have at least a couple of speciality coffee's to kick-start my day, and at least one or two of the "mocktails" (loved them last time I was on HAL) and the bottle of Pellegrino with my meal..... (and conveniently, my room is very, very close to the Explorations Café....)

Meet you at Explorations

A few questions about the quench package

What are the daily specials in Explorations?

Are there any sugar free mocktails?

Not sure. I was wondering too. My "guess" is that the daily specials in Explorations might be a flavoured latte or something....but something different each day???? If anyone can clarify/correct my guess that would be fine.

Not sure about sugar free mocktails.....maybe if it' something that uses Coke or Sprite then they coukd use the diet ones?

The Quench package Is something new this year....on previous cruise I drank Coke and had something similar to a fruit smoothie (but I know they probably had a lot of sugar as they were sinfully sweet).

I keep telling myself that I' going to drink more sparkling water this time and hopefully they can make mocktail Caesars (tomato juice and Worstershire sauce) to try to cut back on sugar..... but by this time next week all caution will probably have been blown to the wind....;p