Emerald..... thermal suite

tt_moore

Can I get some more info on this in relation to this ship? What does this thermal suite have? Cost (4 day cruise)

We've done the carnival thermal suite package and i cannot find any info...wondering how it compares. The other ship we are considering is the Ruby and they don't look to have anything similar. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Can I get some more info on this in relation to this ship? What does this thermal suite have? Cost (4 day cruise)

We've done the carnival thermal suite package and i cannot find any info...wondering how it compares. The other ship we are considering is the Ruby and they don't look to have anything similar. Thanks!

This is based on a 7 day voyage. The thermal suite includes heated stone loungers, a gentle sauna, aroma steam, and rain and fog showers are included in the $20 per day fee (packages are currently priced at $99 for the entire cruise or $115 for a couple). It is free if you are in a full size suite.

2s_thermal_suite_2.jpg

2s_steam_room4.jpg

2s_fog_shower_light_cool_mist.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Another poster provided photos and info. Ruby, and Crown, have a TS identical to the one on the Emerald. In addition to being complementary for full suites, I believe there is a limit of about 40 passes sold to others. We have seldom found the TS on four different ships or the Enclave on the Regal crowded. The only time we had to wait for a heated lounger was on the Coral when a couple who were on board to give the Ballroom dance class lessons spent over an hour in there on two of the four heated loungers reading books.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
Going to Alaska on the Emerald in May. We are in a mini suite so need to book the TS separately. Is it able to be booked ahead? I can’t see it on the princess site.

No, can’t book ahead. First come, until they sell all the available passes.

DH is a big gym user and really enjoys the TS. Thanks to all the great advice we’ve received here in CC, one of the first things we do, once we’ve dropped our carry-ons in the cabin, is head over to the spa and book; after we’ve called the dine line to get in ‘the list’ for Chef’s Table (if they have one) and/or other special dining bookings.

Edited by Wellybeth

• 1 year later...
On 11/26/2017 at 2:04 PM, Carolyn R said:

There are also free steam and sauna rooms on these ships located in the spa where the showers are. . .

Specifically, the ladies' and gents' changing rooms that have showers, steam rooms, toilets and lockers.  Even though I love the spa's heated loungers, etc., I made do with what the changing rooms have to offer on our port-intensive Alaska cruise a few years ago.  We've done quite a few TAs and that's when I buy the spa pass because there are so many sea days; don't think I ever used it on a port day as we're usually off the ship all day and then busy with the ship's evening activities.  And certainly not much time to use it on the typical Caribbean cruise either.

Edited by BarbinMich

On 11/25/2017 at 11:35 AM, Two_UW_Badgers said:

Going to Alaska on the Emerald in May. We are in a mini suite so need to book the TS separately. Is it able to be booked ahead? I can’t see it on the princess site.

On our Emerald cruise leaving Tuesday, it is available to book ahead.  Just can't use OBC.  Not sure if this is on all sailings or not.  This is new.  Never been able to book ahead before.