cabin assignment?

bones774

Just booked a last minute deal on cruise leaving next week and paid in right away. Sales agent called me back about 10 minutes later and verbally gave me room assignment,i then proceeded to NCL log in and saw a different room assignment. Both same category and neither better than the other, but which one is correct? I thought the one online might have been a surprise upgrade but it wasnt. I'll check back in 24 hours.

Also im a solo traveler in a 3 person cabin, was thinking if they need that for a party of 3 i might get a bump up?

The one on he NCL site should be the real one. After all, NCL looks in their computers, not the TA's.

I am guessing the TA just made a mistake. Or they have the other on hold and will get it switched. But, if you think they are equal,.... give it a few days.

I recently paid for a cruise on Spirit when I noticed the room number was different than my original booking. I booked an inside on deck 5 and the booking said deck 8. Thought it was ok. When I got confirmation of payment it said it was free upgrade. Still an inside but up a couple of decks. I was surprised nobody called me. Wasn't bothered enough to call my vacation planner at NCL.

Another curise I have booked as a guarantee next September on Jade, I notice I have been assigned a cabin number already. Is this normal getting a cabin number so soon. Again, no call from my PCP.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 6.0 HD using Tapatalk

Bones774, especially if you are on the BA next week (or, the Gem) - there are still good # of cabins, maybe less than this Sunday's - mostly concentrated and unassigned in the family designation (Inside, OV, Balcony & Mini's) - triple & quad occupancies, as they are often held & last to be released.

Re-check in 24 hours and/or by morning, the updated info on NCL dot com is the most reliable one - otherwise, the pier check-in agent will flag it and resolve it. Worst case, if you check your bags outside the pier with the porter, it might get routed to the other hallway to recover it.

Enjoy that short taxi ride from PABT to Pier 88/90.

Bones774, especially if you are on the BA next week (or, the Gem) - there are still good # of cabins, maybe less than this Sunday's - mostly concentrated and unassigned in the family designation (Inside, OV, Balcony & Mini's) - triple & quad occupancies, as they are often held & last to be released.

Re-check in 24 hours and/or by morning, the updated info on NCL dot com is the most reliable one - otherwise, the pier check-in agent will flag it and resolve it. Worst case, if you check your bags outside the pier with the porter, it might get routed to the other hallway to recover it.

Enjoy that short taxi ride from PABT to Pier 88/90.

Hi, I'm doing the Gem, i'm sure you can see what a steal of a deal, esp. for a solo traveler. I figured it must be a hard sell for some reason to sell at such discount. I'm hoping to maybe approach the counter person at pier and ask for an upgrade(I have inside now) or 24 hours before departure give them a call. or maybe will i get the upgrade bid offer?

I've cruised BA during summer with kids and i didn't mind the crowd but i'm looking forward to see how tranquil this cruise will be, it should be eye opening.

Taxi is ripoff, 10 bucks for a couple of blocks versus $16 r/t from outta town express bus. Thanks for the info

Hi, I'm doing the Gem, i'm sure you can see what a steal of a deal, esp. for a solo traveler ... or maybe will i get the upgrade bid offer? ... cruised BA during summer with kids ... looking forward to see how tranquil this cruise will be, it should be eye opening.

Taxi is ripoff, 10 bucks for a couple of blocks versus $16 r/t from outta town express bus. Thanks for the info

Ha, gotcha. We did Gem in late April so this time, BA again - you will love the smaller one, feel like a new ship with the refurb, bedside USB charging port, all for yourself.

I know, same solo deal on BA last week, this week & next month - at Giveaway prices without the frills, only pay extras for what you really need/want - not everyone need UBP and SDP, save $$$ to pay out of pocket. We almost book the GEM - oh, well but ours with the tax-free deal in April, can't beat that either. Check out my details reviewed for the Gem if you haven't seen it, the ship info will be good for anyone - regardless of ports ... great crew, 99.25% of them.

I'm betting that you will get the Upgrade Adv. Offer in 24 hours - tomorrow at the latest, with so much inventory - $50 x 2 to U/G to Balcony & see what happen. Our Roll Call this Sunday flooded with solo in balconies, so ... all for under $1,000 - on par with yours with DSC added. So, I wouldn't worry about the room # mix-up, take a long shot to upgrade - a little extra space with OV is good too and who doesn't like a sliding balcony door.

Taxi fares in NY is what it is, it's almost walkable if your Saturday is nice enough, not too far if you got good legs & pack light.

Another curise I have booked as a guarantee next September on Jade, I notice I have been assigned a cabin number already. Is this normal getting a cabin number so soon. Again, no call from my PCP.

I would say that is very abnormal...so far ahead? Are you sure you didn't accidentally select a cabin, instead of a Guarantee?

"bedside USB charging port", so i don't have to bring the little black transformer that always gets lost??

Okay, the bedside USB is nice.

But, why is this such an issue that folks think about NOT taking it.

The adapter/charger weights less than an ounce. It takes almost zero space.

If the USB thing in your cabin is not working, or you are delayed in an airport, or stuck in an hotel without notice.... you would pay LOTS of money to have that stupid little adaptor.

• 2 months later...