Cabin 9287 on Vista near Imax

belle2

I’m looking for advice on a cabin in this area near the Imax. We have booked balcony cabin 9287. The deck plans show it is across the hall from a gray area which looks to be the top or roof/ceiling of the Imax theatre. Can anyone who has stayed near this grey area tell me if there were any noise issues with this area? The last thing I want I vacation is speaker noise from the theatre. Thanks!!c8daf83796ad914495a8166c370d69bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m looking for advice on a cabin in this area near the Imax. We have booked balcony cabin 9287. The deck plans show it is across the hall from a gray area which looks to be the top or roof/ceiling of the Imax theatre. Can anyone who has stayed near this grey area tell me if there were any noise issues with this area? The last thing I want I vacation is speaker noise from the theatre. Thanks!!c8daf83796ad914495a8166c370d69bc.jpg

yOU WILL NOT SLEEP UNTIL THE LAST SHOW IS OVER !!!!

yOU WILL NOT SLEEP UNTIL THE LAST SHOW IS OVER !!!!

Are you serious or are you being funny? I’m sorry, I’ve encountered several nonsense replies from people lately. Have you stayed in these rooms?

Are you serious or are you being funny? I’m sorry, I’ve encountered several nonsense replies from people lately. Have you stayed in these rooms?

I would wait for a serious reply if I were you. From someone who experienced first hand

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

I did just look at the Vista fun times and it looks like the last movie some nights start at 11:15 pm so that's something to think about as well if your up late like we are it won't matter much

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

I looked at the schedule too. We are a family of four, two kids ages 11 and 7. We may be up until 10-11pm sometimes but not every night. We use white noise to sleep to help with sounds from outside the room. I’m hoping someone with experience can advise me! Thank you!

He won't respond to your repsonse. All he does is come in every night and post a bunch of one-liners on as many threads as he can. I'd ignore it.

I haven't been on vista but I have read about people complaining about IMax noise. I'm not sure if those were people on the same floor as it or if they were like above it. I'd probably try to avoid that area.

I believe there was an earlier thread here with postings about adjacent interior cabins having noise and vibration from the theater. I don't recall anyone with a balcony saying that though.

We had a Vista starboard balcony like yours that was a bit more to the aft than midship (so further away) and had no issues from the theater. Anytime I passed it in the hallway at night I didn't notice any movie or sound effects.

Enjoy your cruise!

Here is the closest review I could find...About 10 rooms down from your area. Doesn't mention anything negative about the IMax

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=543711

Thank you for finding that for me! I’ve had a hard time finding info about this. I was able to google search some cruise critic comments on it and can’t find anything specific about this exact area. Either I’m not using it properly or the cruise critic search function is difficult. Anywho, I decided to change our cabin now to avoid any possible issues. We moved down to deck 8 with cabins above and below and nothing of interest in the general area. Thanks for everyone’s help!

We were in a balcony cabin on the Vista on the 8th deck just a few rooms down from what you are looking at, we heard NOTHING at all the entire trip. As a matter of fact, we commented on the fact that we didn't even hear anything walking down the hall either. I have read complaints from people, but I would have been sensitive to vibrations, noise, sound etc and we heard NOTHING and felt NOTHING at all on the 8th deck. I would assume that would be the same on the 9th deck in about the same location???? We booked Vista before we knew what that grey space was, but had no problems with IMax sound etc.

• 3 months later...
Also, I booked early saved. Will they let me change my room?

I believe you can change rooms as long as you don’t downgrade the room. We are in 8302 in 21 days. My PVP did try to book us AWAY from the IMAX due to noise/vibration. Good luck. Try changing sooner than later.

I stayed in interior cabin 10280 on Vista and it was terrible- booming bass and vibrations until midnight - 2AM every night. I would generally avoid any cabin in the vicinity of the theater. I know that doesn't answer your question specifically about your cabin, but I would switch now!

Edited by JinxyB

I stayed in interior cabin 10280 on Vista and it was terrible- booming bass and vibrations until midnight - 2AM every night. I would generally avoid any cabin in the vicinity of the theater. I know that doesn't answer your question specifically about your cabin, but I would switch now!

Indeed, it seems that the IMAX noise affected the interior rooms, but not balconies.

Said this in my earlier post on this thread a few months ago when it was 1st posted.