Owner's suite on Royal Princess

Judyumcer@aol.com

We have one these booked with the wrap around balcony. Now, I'm reading there is a problem with soot on the balcony. If you've stayed in one of these suite's; was there a problem?

I stayed in D726 on the Royal during its maiden transatlantic in 2013. The balcony, based on size alone, was arguably the best we've ever had. The balcony was sadly almost totally unusable due to the constant buildup of soot each day. I am not sure if they have done anything to remedy the problem in four years since I've sailed on the Royal. These are my personal observations only. I am sure there are others out there who will say that they really enjoyed the suite.

A quick comment about the cabin. It was originally called an "Owner's" suite. Princess has recategorized them to Penthouse suites. IMHO, these cabins are fairly small, from a full suite standpoint, and are way too expensive for what they offer. Even after being recategorized as a PH suite they are still $$$$ more than the PH's on Riviera deck, The only drawback to the Riviera PH's is the narrow balcony (two regular balconies joined together). Personally, if I ever sailed on the Royal class again, I would tolerate the small balcony and book a Riviera PH.

Bob