Upgrades

flamomo

Am booked on the Island Princess sailing on 1/21/06. When I booked it with Princess over a year ago, I was asked if we would accept an upgrade and I said yes. Now that I have been doing a lot of reading on CC, I get the feeling it might not have been a good idea to agree to an upgrade. The cabin assigned when we booked is C501, and we really like that location. I don't want to take a chance on getting an upgrade that will turn out to be a downgrade because of location.

Does anyone know if one can "cancel" the agreement to upgrade. If it is possible to cancel that agreement, I feel it should be done soon, as we are only 6 weeks out from sailaway.

Input would be much appreciated.:confused:

Just FYI. Princess has always called my TA and asked if I would like to change to a specific location. My TA calls me, I check the location and stateroom and indicate yes or no. I haven't just been changed without some notification.

I have, on my New Years trip, been on a waitlist for almost a year for a mini suite, and I have moved up one position only, so upgrades aren't that frequent. We've been on Princess 9 times (this will be the 10th) and we can't get the location we like. We were booked on HAL, and within a couple of weeks we were upgraded to a very large suite. Amazing how the different lines handle this matter.

• 2 weeks later...

If you booked direct with princess do you know that you can call and have your booking transferred to one of the very good discount cruise agencies, keep your cabin and you may well get a much lower price to boot? I always book direct with the cruiseline because I need a HC cabin and it is just easier to get what I need directly I then tell them I will be transferring the booking to, in my case, buycruises; and I do so, I have always then gotten a much lower rate for my already booked cruise.

You might want to consider that.

Just FYI. Princess has always called my TA and asked if I would like to change to a specific location. My TA calls me, I check the location and stateroom and indicate yes or no. I haven't just been changed without some notification.

I have, on my New Years trip, been on a waitlist for almost a year for a mini suite, and I have moved up one position only, so upgrades aren't that frequent. We've been on Princess 9 times (this will be the 10th) and we can't get the location we like. We were booked on HAL, and within a couple of weeks we were upgraded to a very large suite. Amazing how the different lines handle this matter.

It pays to keep calling Princess and checking websites to see if those cabins are available. On the tahitian for Oct one of our rollcallers was waitlisted and I saw that they were available and told them to contact their TA and they got the mini. You are not always moved up automatically. This week I called Princess to see where we were on the waitlist for a mini on our present sailing next month and was told we had moved up one. Then the C.S. agent said just a minute, there is a mini suite avail. would you like it. I said yes. So she booked me in the mini-suite and took us off the waitlist for the mini. So be persistent.

Archived