Anthem of the Seas vs. "Potential Tropical Cyclone Eighteen"

Daghis

Today, we're boarding Anthem of the Seas for what is currently expected to be a 7-night Florida/Bahamas itinerary. The only problem is that there is a tropical storm brewing south of Cuba, heading to the Bahamas this weekend, and then up along the US coast.

114533_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

James Van Fleet tweeted about this storm last night and hasn't yet posted anything today. Yesterday, he did post that this storm shouldn't affect Allure of the Seas from returning to Port Everglades on Sunday.

Given that Anthem of the Seas had a significant incident in February 2016 where she sailed through a hurricane on her way down from Cape Liberty to Port Canaveral, I have to wonder whether Royal Caribbean might follow the "once bitten, twice shy" philosophy and change our itinerary to a Canada/New England one.

If that were to happen, I'd certainly be disappointed, but at least I've never been on a Canada/New England cruise before, so I would have that to look forward to. I would imagine, though, that there would be quite a line at Guest Services with people complaining about (and demanding compensation for) Royal Caribbean's choice of safety over risk.

This is interesting. Let us know what the outcome is. Our last Freedom cruise this past March we encountered some weather.

Not a hurricane but a winter storm and the winds were 35-40 mph and there were 20' seas and quite a few sick passengers. We skipped Labadee because of the storm.

It was my least favorite cruise (out of 4) and we typically love the big waves.

Hope y'all can manage calm seas and the weather stays nice for you!

-Sean

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Today, we're boarding Anthem of the Seas for what is currently expected to be a 7-night Florida/Bahamas itinerary. The only problem is that there is a tropical storm brewing south of Cuba, heading to the Bahamas this weekend, and then up along the US coast.

James Van Fleet tweeted about this storm last night and hasn't yet posted anything today. Yesterday, he did post that this storm shouldn't affect Allure of the Seas from returning to Port Everglades on Sunday.

Given that Anthem of the Seas had a significant incident in February 2016 where she sailed through a hurricane on her way down from Cape Liberty to Port Canaveral, I have to wonder whether Royal Caribbean might follow the "once bitten, twice shy" philosophy and change our itinerary to a Canada/New England one.

If that were to happen, I'd certainly be disappointed, but at least I've never been on a Canada/New England cruise before, so I would have that to look forward to. I would imagine, though, that there would be quite a line at Guest Services with people complaining about (and demanding compensation for) Royal Caribbean's choice of safety over risk.

Keep in mind this is the same guy that thought a ship could dock in Galveston while Harvey was lingering nearby.

Best of luck with your cruise. We have been following this system for the past five days in South Florida. This morning in Ft. Lauderdale it is overcast and breezy, a little cooler than usual, but not horrible weather. I just heard from another group that Enchantment will be able to tender into CocoCay this AM. So I am hoping that all goes well for your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looks like you just might get through the bigger part of the storm and the waves on Sunday and have a nice day as you pull into Port Canaveral.

See below the wave forecast for 30 and 36 hours from now (2pm and 8pm on Sunday) Looks like you will pass through the weather Sunday afternoon with a little bit of waves with most of the rocking on Sunday night but by Monday AM all will have passed and hopefully you will get a beautiful day of sunshine in Sunny Florida. .

http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display.cgi?a=natla_height

natla_height_30hr.png

natla_height_36hr.png