Oasis or Allure

katiel53

My family and I have sailed on Allure a few times, but now that I live Upstate NY and have to fly to the port, it is easier to fly to Pt Canaveral as a direct flight rather than changing planes to get to Ft Lauderdale. For those of you who have sailed both, would Oasis be as good a vacation as Allure or would you prefer to sail on Allure?

I do know that Cats if the show on Oasis, and Mama Mia is on Allure, but what about the rest of the ship? I know they are basically the same layout etc. but I guess I need to be convinced to go on Oasis. We do the specialty restaurants using Chops and Giovanni's. We only eat a night or two in the MDR as we didn't think the food on Allure was all that great for dinner in the MDR.

Thanks for your time and posts and any thoughts you might share.

As you noted, the ships are basically the same.

One difference with regard to restaurants, Oasis has Solarium Bistro where Allure has Samba Grill. Solarium Bistro is no extra cost, except for a couple of entrees. A nice alternative to the MDR.

Almost identical with Oasis being cheaper due to lesser port fees. Found Canaveral to be much more organized and faster on and off. Biggest difference other than shows is Samba the Argentinan Chirasco restaurant is only on Allure and on Oasis the Solarium serves dinner. Otherwise it is identical.

We’ve sailed on Oasis twice and love that ship. If you can, I’d suggest a cabin on deck 8. Central Park is in the middle of deck 8. It’s a lovely, calm area with several restaurants.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We’ve sailed on Oasis twice and love that ship. If you can, I’d suggest a cabin on deck 8. Central Park is in the middle of deck 8. It’s a lovely, calm area with several restaurants.]

Totally agree! We love deck 8. We were on 7 this time and we liked being closer to decks 4-6 but missed Central Park!

:)

We just recently sailed Allure. I find that getting from Orlando to Port Canaveral may be more expensive in regards to cost for cruise transfers. The hotels are very convenient from the airport and to the cruise port. We would definitely sail Allure again! We have sailed the Enchantment out of Port Canaveral and I agree the port is easy to embark and disembark however I found the same to be true of Port Everglades

Basically the same. I would say whatever is easier for you to fly into. I personally would rather fly into Fort Lauderdale than Orlando. We have to rent a car from Orlando to the port. Fort Lauderdale cruise port is so close to the airport. And you already knew about the shows. I didn't care for Cats, but loved Mama Mia! Love both ships.

Port fees are cheaper at Canaveral but you probably lose the cost savings getting shuttle/cab/uber to port from airport. If you drive, parking is also more expensive at Canaveral. Ports are basically a wash due to the differences.

Oasis has Cats while Allure has Mamma Mia for Theater shows.

Cant really think of anything different otherwise that hasn't already been said above.

I have done both twice, Allure again in a couple weeks. I actually liked Allure more than Oasis due to the staff. I found them to be friendlier and more welcoming than those on Oasis.

I would tend to agree with you on that one. Particularly in the Suite Lounge.

My family and I have sailed on Allure a few times, but now that I live Upstate NY and have to fly to the port, it is easier to fly to Pt Canaveral as a direct flight rather than changing planes to get to Ft Lauderdale. For those of you who have sailed both, would Oasis be as good a vacation as Allure or would you prefer to sail on Allure?

I do know that Cats if the show on Oasis, and Mama Mia is on Allure, but what about the rest of the ship? I know they are basically the same layout etc. but I guess I need to be convinced to go on Oasis. We do the specialty restaurants using Chops and Giovanni's. We only eat a night or two in the MDR as we didn't think the food on Allure was all that great for dinner in the MDR.

Thanks for your time and posts and any thoughts you might share.

This comes up quite a bit. You've outlined a couple of differences. Between my first visit to Allure in 2011 and my last cruise on Oasis they have both had rework done and are even more the same than they use to be with the differences you noted. I also live up north and sometimes can find better pricing to Orlando than FLL. All that said, I would go on either happily. I'm glad I saw CATS once so I now can talk about it! ;)

We found the staff on Oasis not quite as friendly or diligent as the staff on Allure. Hence, we have cruised on Allure several times versus twice on Oasis. We also prefer Ft Lauderdale to Orlando since we always stay a few days at a beach hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. It's really just personal taste as to which one you will like so try them both and let us know.

Just came off the Oasis 15 Oct cruise. Since you asked: We enjoyed ourselves, but we always do. We see a couple things I never seen before in public that was crew related: 1) an intense argument b/w an officer and crew member that ended with “you be off the ship today” 2) the man manning the end point of the Zip line was trying to sneak (photo bomb) himself into a lot of pictures. About the upcharge restaurants-we visited 4, were above average but not outstanding. I would say steak house was a bit better the Outback but nowhere close to a Ruth’s Chris. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums