Celebrity's Miami Excursions on return

miXterOB

So my PIC and my return flight had to be switched to late afternoon after our Equinox cruise in December and we are seeking tips and suggestions as to staying sane but entertained . Sane will be defined as being at FLL on time for our 4:20 flight without worrying too much about our luggage OR taxing Jeanne's fragile back with the Everglades airboat tours. As our TA hasn't been informed yet to seek solutions we are open to consider other alternatives to Celebrity excursions to address the situation. We have already booked the Celebrity shuttle bus but that'll get to FLL by noon so need to find something.

TIA!

We did the Miami City tour after our cruise on the Equinox in September and it was very nice. It was through Celebrity and they picked us up after we gathered our luggage. They loaded our luggage on the bus and off we went. Lunch was included and it was a good way to kill a few hours before our 5pm flight.

We booked the HOHO Miami City Tour with Airport Drop-Off (MI32 on our cruise) through Celebrity; the cost was $59 pp. It included tickets for the HOHO bus and transfers to the airport. Having never toured around Miami, we enjoyed the bus ride and it was nice to have our luggage secured while we did that. We took a bus to the airport, with our luggage, in the early afternoon. It was an easy alternative to planning an independent tour or dragging our luggage around with us prior to going to the airport.

There was a second excursion - Everglades Eco-Adventure with Airport Drop-Off (MI43 on our cruise). It was $79 pp. The tour was 4 hours so it was only offered to passengers with domestic flights after 3:00 PM and with international flights after 4:00 PM.

When I had most of a day after a cruise on Celebrity, arranged a tour/ excursion of the Everglades. They took care of luggage, had an enjoyable tour and they took me right to the Fort Lauderdale airport in plenty of time. Absolutely no hassle and I had a really good day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked a Miami Beach break with Celebrity. We were taken to a centre in Miami Beach where we could safely leave our hand luggage (main luggage left in coach with driver). We could then wander around, shop, dine, swim if we had wanted until we were taken to the airport.

I can’t remember the cost but it wasn’t excessive and certainly was better than sitting in the airport. Other things we have done at other ports include renting a day room and hiring a car to drop off later at the airport....