Oops, I did it again

EBFURR

Well, we have been enjoying our Carnival cruises and just got back from Liberty a couple of weeks back. I think Carnival did it right in allowing the future cruise promotion to stay in place for a few weeks after you get back. Having that post cruise blues feeling and seeing those reduced fares, deposit, and OBC hanging out there is a deadly combination. We canceled a couple of paid for cruises back in August with the hurricane Harvey situation and we have the refund money in reserve. We used part of it for the Liberty cruise and I just yielded to temptation and booked the Triumph for Jan 20, 2018. We also had some airline credits from the cancellations so we got airfare covered. We have never been to NOLA so this will be a new adventure. I do not see a roll call for this one so if anyone out there is with us please chime in. Also, any tips & tricks for NOLA and Triumph are appreciated. I booked the Le Richelieu Hotel in the French quarter which appears to be a nice little boutique hotel and has good trip advisor reviews. We will only be there for one night before sailing and plan to walk around. Again, advice is welcomed.

For a great bite to eat try Evangeline in the French Quarter (check it out on TA). Found it on our last trip through restaurant.com. Quaint little place REALLY good food. We had the Shrimp Po Boy and Grown Up Grilled cheese both really good. Food was plentiful and reasonably priced, and if you can snag a discount through restaurant.com, makes it really cheap!

Airport to hotel taxi is an easy choice if you are looking for choice, and not too expensive. This is what we do for cruise and hotels.

You can go to the Cathedral and it is beautiful, totally worth the stop off for a few minutes while strolling. Skip the aquarium if you are thinking about it, overpriced for size.

Cafe Du Mond was alright in my opinion, don't slam me here but I didn't think it was worth all the hype.

I think the best food in New Orleans is at Mother’s! So amazingly delicious. And a muffuletta from Central Grocery near the French Market. Those are the two places I wouldn’t miss!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are those future cruise promotions at the desk often a surefire deal?

We have been using the deals that show up under your VIFP login when we get back. They have the future cruise rate, OBC of at least $50, and half off the deposit. We have also called a TA and combined the future cruise deal with whatever the TA offered to sweeten the deal. We have never used the desk on the ship although we talked about it. There was either a line or we had something else to do.

Ditto on Central Grocery and my favorite is Charbroiled Oysters at Drago's right in the Hilton, sit at the oyster bar and have a awesome time. Other places sell charbroiled oysters but I think these are the best.