Crowded Port on December 11th

Borrillje

Hi!

Our cruise was just re-routed to St. Kitts on December 11th. From what I can tell, there are at least 5, and possibly six ships in port that day. Our official RC itinerary has us there 9-6, but most of the "cruise tracker" websites have us as 8-5. Regardless, I think there's a strong chance that we may not get a slot at the main port. I've seen posts mention that there is an alternate/overflow port used sometimes. Has anyone used it? I'm wondering how far it is from the main cruise terminal. Can you walk or is it a cab ride? Can tour operators meet you there instead of the main port? Any info/experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Jeanne

Hi!

Our cruise was just re-routed to St. Kitts on December 11th. From what I can tell, there are at least 5, and possibly six ships in port that day. Our official RC itinerary has us there 9-6, but most of the "cruise tracker" websites have us as 8-5. Regardless, I think there's a strong chance that we may not get a slot at the main port. I've seen posts mention that there is an alternate/overflow port used sometimes. Has anyone used it? I'm wondering how far it is from the main cruise terminal. Can you walk or is it a cab ride? Can tour operators meet you there instead of the main port? Any info/experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Jeanne

We stopped there in February. We weren’t expecting it ( not sure if it had been announced) but it wasn’t a big deal to us as we hadn’t prearranged any excursions but knew exactly what we were going to do.

It’s about a 10 minute drive to town and cruise line laid on free shuttle to main port for shopping where excursions could be arranged. I don’t think it would be worth walking. If you have an independent tour booked I would check directly with your operator for arrangements.

I didn’t notice taxis when we were leaving but I think there probably were - we got a taxi back directly at the end of the day without any problem. You could have taken the free shuttle back from main port but it was easier for us to take taxi direct.