No more Carnival door decorations?

Keys2Heaven

I haven't read any of your replies, but we just got off the Magic about 2 weeks ago. As for purchasing these items on the ship, I don't know. I do know, on our hallway, when we walked back/forth, there were several doors that were decorated, and more than likely, they brought "their own" items to decorate with.:)

I use one sided sticky magnetic tape. I stick it to my poster and up on the door. Doors are metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is this on carnival cruise ships? We are going on the Horizon in Jan 2018.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm guessing the policy varies on how strict they enforce it.

Off the Splendor last month and I decorated our door for my birthday with tissue fans (definitely not fire friendly) and just plain old regular tape. Not one word from the Stateroom steward or anyone for that matter.

So, I guess nobody knows why Carnival stopped selling the big static door decorations in the FunShop, which was the whole point of my thread.

Unless there is a statement on their press release page, nobody would know.

I'd imagine they just wanted to refresh the designs, or maybe they went with another company to supply them and along with that came new options.

Can somebody explain to me on this fascination to decorate your door?

I just don’t get it myself but obviously it seems popular

We are decorating our door, to add a fun personal touch. Some do it to help spot the cabin better. We will be cruising with my 10, 4, and 1 year old. My mother, and step father will be in another cabin. It will help my girls know which door to stop at, and my directionally challenged family spot our cabin without having to remember our cabin, plus theirs. Ultimately I'm doing it because it is a fun, cute idea.

I just don’t get it myself but obviously, it seems popular

We wanted to decorate because it is my daughters birthday cruise. Also, some people like to use the decorations as markers for their rooms or even the neighbor's room. Looking down those long halls it feels like your never going to find your room or miss it completely.

We do it for a few reasons. The first is that it's fun to design a different one for every cruise. We usually sail around events (birthdays, anniversaries, a big family one for my parents to renew their vows, etc), so each cruise gets a different banner and they are sort mementos of that trip (and pictures of the banner have also been useful when I'm organizing pictures from each cruise). This next cruise is over Halloween and my husband and I had a lot of fun designing a Halloween themed banner together. Also, while we certainly don't NEED it to find our room, it sure is nice to see your door coming in that very long hallway of doors.

I just don’t get it myself but obviously it seems popular

Some people just like to get really creative and show their arts and crafts talents on their cruise. :)

Ugh, this is not supposed to be a thread about creating your own door decorations and displaying them.

I'm asking if anyone knows why Carnival has changed the stateroom decorations and, as a result, removed from their inventory, the static door decal/banner that you used to be able to purchase either separately or as part of a stateroom decoration package.

I haven't seen Carnival selling door decorations in the last few years. We ordered a banner (so I can find my room without issue) for about $15 from an outside company. Had it to our house in about a week.