In room beverages - Soda specifically

Nothatsyou

So if I don't pre purchase the 6 packs of soda prior to my cruise or I run out of a six pack of soda, can I order another 6 pack or two for my room from my room steward or someone? I guess rather than paying a per can price at a bar, etc?

From what I've read here, security will take your box apart prior to boarding. Is this correct? Assuming they'll leave the box intact so I can put them back in?

They might open your box. If they do, simply request that they tape it back together for you. Note that it is not required to be in the box. You might consider putting them in a roller bag or backpack for easier carrying.

So if I don't pre purchase the 6 packs of soda prior to my cruise or I run out of a six pack of soda, can I order another 6 pack or two for my room from my room steward or someone? I guess rather than paying a per can price at a bar, etc?

Yes you can.

• 3 weeks later...

Back from our cruise and I can tell you that a LOT of people were carrying their own soda on board. Some families had a case per person. If you want to save some money and have time to grab some from a local store then this is the way to do it. Nobody had their cases searched that I saw so it was quite easy to get on board.

Back from our cruise and I can tell you that a LOT of people were carrying their own soda on board. Some families had a case per person. If you want to save some money and have time to grab some from a local store then this is the way to do it. Nobody had their cases searched that I saw so it was quite easy to get on board.

Yep we ALWAYS carry our own soda on. We carry on our kids alotment also, even though they don't drink soda. Then we buy more in ports.

If you are going to drink it, then you are best to carry on. I will note, we never drink as much as we think we will. I like soda (a lot). In the evenings and weekends, I usually drink it, although I am trying to cut back. But when we have brought it, we usually end up with some left. I am not necessarily a fan of their lemonade or tea either. I usually end up drinking more water. I have been trying to take some of the water flavorings (the packets or the drops) because they take up less room. Anymore, I am not sure if I would end up drinking a 6 pack on a 7 day cruise. I will probably just pass on bringing them next time, especially since you can't bring bottles anymore (I like bottles because I can reseal and drink more later as opposed to committing to an entire soda). If you know that you are going to drink several, you are best to bring it on with you. We put them in a rolling carry on bag, when we did bring them.