Obc

johnandlinda

it depends on the type of obc

non refundable can not be used

refundable can be used

Are you sure that is correct? That is true for the DSC but either type can be used for gratuities for butler and concierge and any "additional" gratuity for the cabin steward.

So I guess the bottom line is what type of gratuity?

Are you sure that is correct? That is true for the DSC but either type can be used for gratuities for butler and concierge and any "additional" gratuity for the cabin steward.

So I guess the bottom line is what type of gratuity?

You are correct. DSC cannot be paid with nonrefundable obc but butler and concierge gratuities can. You can use refundable to pay the DSC, we did last year.

OP it depends on what you mean by gratuities, if you mean DSC then if refundable yes if non refundable then no. If you mean butler and concierge gratuities then yes with refundable and nonrefundable.

The problem lies in the fact that some do not consider DSC to be a gratuity or tip but other do, so need to be more specific.

We have OBC from NCl and some more from our TA. We've been told the credit from NCL is not refundable and can't be used for the DSC, while the credit from our travel agent can be.

This, in my opinion, is a negative rule by Norwegian, since other lines usually do allow this.