Information Required Please...

Jennie Lowe

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am travelling soon on QM2 (19 Nov - 26 Days Southampton round trip ) and as it has been a few years since I last boarded I have a few questions which hopefully some of you can answer.

1. When do the ships clocks change

2. Booked Cunard Fare, when is the best time to book the courtesy bus to get into New York.

3. Booked a portside sheltered cabin will I get much daylight on the translantic

4. Please dont laugh but I am on Slimming World and would like to continue if at all possible while away, for breakfast I love Kippers, are these served without butter and can I get fresh Conference Pears or Raspberries.

5. Any tips you would like to share.

So looking forward to being aboard again.

Thankyou so much for reading and hopefully will have lots of replies.

Kindest regards

Jennie x

Edited by Jennie Lowe

Hi Jennie

Ships clocks will change one hour at a time over a period of 4 days each way. Each time we've been the days of the change have varied so I can't say which days this will happen on. It's a nice gradual change and especially nice to get the 25 hour days on the way out. Not so great on the way back!

Can't help with 2 and 3 sorry as we've always booked the saver fare and an inside cabin! Wasn't even aware that there was a courtesy shuttle in Manhattan as Cunard run a shopping trip coach that stops outside Macey's

It's dead easy to continue a diet on a cruise ship, but you will need willpower. I lost 5lbs on a 60 day voyage and still ate well. Cunard have a healthy breakfast option area on the QM2. It's in the Chefs Galley at the end of the Kings Court. Loads of stuff available there, but I can't say about kippers or raspberries. Definitely seen pears - not sure if they are Conference or not. Lots of yoghurts, fruit juices, granolas (with raspberries!). Don't make the mistake of going there at lunch as it turns into the burger bar.........At night it turns into a super complimentary Italian restaurant which is a great alternative to the main dining room if you fancy a change.

The line dance classes held in the Queens Room in the morning are usually fun and a nice way of getting a bit of exercise. The gym is great and not much beats walking around the promenade deck in an Atlantic breeze.

Jennie:

If you're heading into Manhattan during your NYC layover, consider the new ferry which docks virtually adjacent to the Brooklyn terminal. It runs about every 45 minutes, takes about 20-25 minutes, and only costs $2.75 each way. The ferry terminates at Wall Street, from which it's a short walk to the World Trade Center memorial, other lower Manhattan attractions and several subway lines. There are at least two threads discussing the new ferry: one here on the Cunard board and one in the East Coast Ports board. Unfortunately I don't have either of the URLs handy. But I do have the URL for the ferry:

https://www.ferry.nyc/

You'll want the South Brooklyn route.

Phil

Just returned from Transatlantic back to back on QM2.

Transfer to Macys leaves Redhook at 0730 arrives at Macys 0810 approx. Return from Macys 1430.

Cost $49 per person. Book at the tour office on Deck 2 anytime on the outward voyage probably better to do so early.

Plenty of light on sheltered cabin we had one on Deck 6 - very nice.

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am travelling soon on QM2 (19 Nov - 26 Days Southampton round trip ) and as it has been a few years since I last boarded I have a few questions which hopefully some of you can answer.

1. When do the ships clocks change

2. Booked Cunard Fare, when is the best time to book the courtesy bus to get into New York.

3. Booked a portside sheltered cabin will I get much daylight on the translantic

4. Please dont laugh but I am on Slimming World and would like to continue if at all possible while away, for breakfast I love Kippers, are these served without butter and can I get fresh Conference Pears or Raspberries.

5. Any tips you would like to share.

So looking forward to being aboard again.

Thankyou so much for reading and hopefully will have lots of replies.

Kindest regards

Jennie x

We did a T/A roundtrip in August/September going to New York you got 1 hour extra 4 morning, on the return trip, you lost 1 hour on 4 days at mid day. We thought it was better than losing one hours sleep in the morning.;p

Just back from the same back to back Transatlantic as nvqa1- I highly recommend the ferry from Red Hook to Wall Street. Very efficent and punctual. The journey to Wall Street on the ferry on the top deck was spectacular! For me the best way to get into Manhattan! As the saying goes- dirt cheap also! One thing is for sure- there is no free shuttle into Manhattan!

Thank you everyone for your replies it has been so helpfull. Line dancing in the morning could help with maintaining/reducing the weight. I will do my best to be carefull , well perhaps for the first couple of days. I must have read the courtesy bus details wrong, it looks like I will be booking a seat on the Macy Bus but would have loved to go on the ferry but due to mobility (Knee's) i think that would be best. Hopefully as I will be going to NY twice, on the second trip on the 8th December the bus back at 2.30 will be delayed to a later time due to the Premiere on board that evening, heres hoping.

Once again thank you to everyone who replied for your helpfull and informed information only 2 weeks to go....

Kindest Regards

Jennie x