The Sneaky way to find out your cabin # if you booked a guar.

Teach345

Booked a Guar cabin for the Valor next month.I've read that there is a way to find out if your cabin # has been assigned- but I cann't figure it out. One post said just go to the site- sign-in - and click modify reservation. I couldn't find Modify Reservation any where. Please help :)

I'm just so curious;) Can someone give me step by step directions?? Thanks

If you have your tickets already, you will find your cabin number on the back, bottom of the sign-n-sail portion you need to complete. There will be a sries of numbers and I believe the first numbers are your booking number followed by your cabin number.

Hope this helps

Teach...

I found our cabin numbers by filling out the Fun Pass. After you get to the screen where it shows that everyone in your cabin is "complete", go to where it says "Order Gifts and Services". Click on that link. Click on an item to order (doesn't matter which one since your not really ordering). Down at the bottom it will show you your booking information. It should already be filled in with your booking number and cabin number. After finding this, I call Carnival to confirm that this indeed was my cabin assignment. But, of course, with a guarantee it could change before you actually board. Have a great time!! :)

Yes, the "Order Gifts and Services" from the Funpass page is the way to go. We got not one, but two surprises from our guaranteed room for our upcoming cruise!! First, our documents arrived, and we were so excited to look at the number on the back of the sign-and-sail page (as mentioned in an earlier post) and found that our 8A guarantee had been upgraded to 8D (Lido Deck). So, earlier in the week I decided to try the "Order Gifts & Services" trick to confirm the booking number on the documents and found that we were bumped up to an 8E (Panorama deck)!! We're the highest "8 class" on the Triumph! :) I just checked earlier today, and the Panorama Deck room number is still showing up. With less than 6 days to go, I'm assuming it won't change, but you never know. If we show up and got bumped back down to an 8A it certainly won't bother us (that's what we paid for, anyway), but we're crossing our fingers that our room number will remain the same. It's in a primo location! :)

Thanks for the tip. We were told our cabin #'s right after booking then carnival said sorry we made a mistake. Well we sail next saturday and lo and behold the #'s on the back of the sail and sign match with what they said earlier! We booked 4a guar and now we are 4d.

I booked a 4A guarantee and found we had been upgraded to a 7A obstructed balcony. Not only did my docs come with the same info on the back of the sail and sign page, but the cabin numbers were actually on my tickets with the correct luggage tags included.

Candi

Yfound that our 8A guarantee had been upgraded to 8D (Lido Deck). :)

Have you sailed with a cabin on the Lido deck before? We have been upgraded to that deck as well and are curious if that's good or bad. I know that it's close to many things, but other than that, it's all a guess.

Part of the fun of booking a guarantee cabin is the surprise of finding out what your cabin is on the day you arrive. Why ruin that surprise?

I totally agree with you here!! I was actually disappointed when my doc's for my past April cruise arrived and they had a cabin # on them!

It was nice because I booked a Balc Gty and discovered that I was on the Empress Deck (one of my favorite decks) far aft (one of my favorite areas) but I would have personally been happier to have discovered this upon checking in at the pier! It WAS nice for my DD though because she liked being able to look at the deck plans and know where on the ship our cabin was.

I was considering booking a another Balc Gty for my Jan Glory sailing but due to a wonderful Resident Special I was able to book an 8E (Panorama Deck) at an even better price than the Gty would have been!!! PLUS I am cruising with my new BF and like the idea of being on the Panorama Deck :D

Teach...

I found our cabin numbers by filling out the Fun Pass. After you get to the screen where it shows that everyone in your cabin is "complete", go to where it says "Order Gifts and Services". Click on that link. Click on an item to order (doesn't matter which one since your not really ordering). Down at the bottom it will show you your booking information. It should already be filled in with your booking number and cabin number. After finding this, I call Carnival to confirm that this indeed was my cabin assignment. But, of course, with a guarantee it could change before you actually board. Have a great time!! :)

I just tried this but apparently I haven't been assigned yet. It's still showing up as "guar".

Thanks for the tip, though. I'll keep trying!

I just checked my Docs and although the Carnival website is saying Guar the S&S page say different. On the back bottom left corner is your booking # then right after that is your cabin #. Mine are E21 and E25. I hope that they stay. The funny thing is that these are the cabins that they said we first had then not had. They are the ones on the docs though! Interesting.....

I too am a little amused at someone that books a guarantee and then spends hours trying to find out what cabin they got. Even if you "tentatively" have a cabin assigned to you a guarantee can be changed the last minute as Carnival shuffles around paxs to fill the ship with everyone in the best cabin in their category (or better). :)

The first time I cruised the PRIDE, I went through the entire embarkation process right up to getting a pic taken for the sail'n'sign card with someone else's docs just before boarding the ship. The change had occured, literally on the day of embarkation, so Carnival didn't have time to change the names until the very last minute. ;)

Nice upgrade too ! ! From an inside to a 5A (Oceanview, French doors, obstructed view). :rolleyes:

I too am a little amused at someone that books a guarantee and then spends hours trying to find out what cabin they got. Even if you "tentatively" have a cabin assigned to you a guarantee can be changed the last minute as Carnival shuffles around paxs to fill the ship with everyone in the best cabin in their category (or better). :)

I know this but Carnival is limited when you book a quad. It's not that I am spending alot of time on this, it is one of those human nature things.

From IS Gty to 5A.

However...

Friends are planning on adding to our room for a quad!

If this really does happen we won't be able to keep the currently assigned cabin because it's NOT a quad.:( Hope we can still be upgraded. I was happy to see where we were. 4152. midship. airflow from the balcony, even if there's little to see but a lifeboat right in front of you.:rolleyes:

Any thoughts? I keep checking what cabins are still available online at the agency where we purchased our tickets, and there are VERY few cabins left in the IS category. Good news for us, I hope?

I guess I should be used to the "shame on you" posts for everything from jeans to booze, but I was a little surprised to find it on *this* thread.

I'm sure I speak for many people who book GTY cabins when I say that first, I book a GTY beause it's CHEAP, not because it's a "fun surprise." It allows me to get an OV or balcony room when I could only afford an inside room otherwise. Second, I don't spend "hours" trying to hunt down my room number. I read the CC boards regularly and had seen the "back of the sign & sail card" and "order gifts & services" tricks mentioned numerous times. So when my documents arrived I checked the back of the S&S page (which took about 3 seconds), then when I was on the Carnival site checking on some excursions, I tried the "gifts & services" trick (which took a whopping minute and a half).

I know that my GTY room could change right up to the last minute, and that's fine with me, but I like to check out where my room might *possibly* be, see if it looks like a good location, look for trouble spots (like being located directly above the disco), etc. It just helps me get into "cruise mode" and have a better idea of what to expect.

Tiffany: Im sorry that you took the above post personally. But I think you'd be surprised at the number of people who booked a guarantee then post how they hate where they are OR why cant they just give the number of the cabin...ya know-- stuff like that.

I booked guarantees for my first 4 cruises -not once getting upgraded but had fun looking to see where I am located. Cruise on the LEgend my cabin was changed 4 times before it was set. One of the upgrades was to a balcony.. I was exstatic.. lol by the time we sailed I got a oceanview cabin-- what I booked-- talk about a let down.

I wont book guarantee no more because of that. I'd rather pay the few extra $$ to know where I am gonna be and not worry about the dissappointment.

I did it by going to the funpass and clicking on order gifts. Just select one of the gifts and it brings up your booking number and stateroom number. We had booked a 4A inside guarenteed room. We got upgraded to 4G still an inside room but on deck 10 Panarama deck instead of deck 1 Riveria deck. Very pleased with this upgrade.

We chose our room with our first cruise and it was ok, but we decided this time we wanted a balcony, so we chose a guarentee mostly because of the price. But I also think it will be great fun to try to figure out where they put us, even though it could change. I can't wait till it gets closer and I can try to figure it out! But no matter where, I know I will be very very happy!!!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Awesome thanks so much.. I have U101 on the elation.. They upgraded me :-)

I'm sure I speak for many people who book GTY cabins when I say that first, I book a GTY beause it's CHEAP, not because it's a "fun surprise." It allows me to get an OV or balcony room when I could only afford an inside room otherwise. Second, I don't spend "hours" trying to hunt down my room number.
Same here. Furthermore, I've never been disappointed in my cabin assignment when booking a guarantee. We've been up high, down low, in the middle, aft, forward, inside, oceanview and balcony. While some cabins have been in more convenient locations than others, I've never had a bad experience because of where my cabin is located. I'm happy just being on the ship, and you won't hear me complaining about my cabin assignment. Of course, it is always nice to get an upgrade, no matter how small. If I was that worried about it, I'd book a specific cabin., but I'm just not. That doesn't mean I don't want to know where my cabin is when it's finally assigned. ;)

Archived