HMC Cabanas

Tananda

SO excited! I have a cabana booked at HMC next week! I have read conflicting information about selecting your cabana. When I board the ship, do I go to Shore Excursions or Guest Services to select my cabana? Some posts say one while some say the other. My first thought it Shore Excursions, but I wasn't sure. What is your experience?

Thank you!

As soon as you board, hustle to the Shore Excursion desk to "stake your claim". (First come, first served).It wouldn't hurt to bring a copy of this excursiom receipt with you. They are going to ask which number cabana you want, and ask what soda you prefer. If possible, look up a map of HMC to help decide which you may want.

Enjoy your stay at HMC!:D

I agree. Make your way to the Shore Excursion Desk as soon as you board the ship, and wait for them to open. While cabanas are purchased in advance, it is first-come, first-served as far as picking which cabana you want. And then say a prayer for good weather so the ship can tender that day.

I hope you enjoy your cabana at HMC!

Like the previous posters said - Shore Excursions. If you want a busier experience pick a number under 9, less busy above 9. At least that's how the one story ones were numbered. The two story I have no idea. Have fun! HMC is my favorite!

Others have answered your question so I will just say, the higher the better. We like #12. It's away from everything and you don't have everyone in front of you. :)

I've had #9 twice. (The bathroom is directly behind it.) ;)

Does the proximity to the bathroom also come with a bathroom smell?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I've had #9 as well and it was great. I think they call it egg shell. No smell, I believe it was a few minute walk to the bathroom. You are not right on top of it. Only one ship in port that day. #9 or higher would be my choice. If two ships are in port then go further down for some peace and quiet.

Thank you all so much! I will go straight to Shore Excursions and try to get something 9 or above. Too bad we got the delayed boarding email. Went from 11:00 to 12:00. Preparing for chaos....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Highly recommend getting Faster to the Fun unless you have priority boarding through VIFP level or a suite booking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If they are sold out online, does that mean sold out completely. I've heard before that they hold a few to sell to guests onboard. Is that still the case?

This worked out for us onboard the Glory in June one summer. We had purchased FTTF so we boarded early and I went straight to shore excursion desk and stood in the line until they opened the desk. When I got up to the clerk I asked if there were any cabanas available and she said yes we do, so I booked one right then and also got to pick ours out, we had like 2nd pick of all the cabanas. It was a last minute cruise with our adult daughters so it was a really nice surprise for everyone. So I say, go for it you never know. :D

Can you make requests on the Grand Turk cabanas at the shore excursions, too, or are we discussing 2 very different things? Lol

Two different things. Grand Turk you go to one of the buildings in the complex (I think it was marked guest services or something). They will assign your cabana for you.

Yes, go straight to Shore Excursions right when you board. If you prepurchased, they will have a small envelop with your name on it and then you can pick out your cabana #. You will also need to sign a small waiver or liability and choose which sodas you want for your cabana.

I had cabana #10 and loved it.

Two different things. Grand Turk you go to one of the buildings in the complex (I think it was marked guest services or something). They will assign your cabana for you.

To get your cabana at Grand Turk you go to Margaritaville, since they own the pool and the cabanas. You bring your excursion ticket to the hostess kiosk at M'Ville and they'll take care of you and give you your key.

Cabanas at Grand Turk are numbered counterclockwise around the pool, #1 thru #10, beginning nearest the bar (and the noise). #10 is around by the Flow-Rider. As I recall, #2 and #6 have ramps, the others have one or two steps up to enter.