Air to/from Papeete from US West Coast

57redbird

Air Tahiti Nui often has fares that include 3 nights in Papeete. Our fare on ATN was less than other airlines and included 3 nights at Le Meridien. We loved it. We have also flown Air New Zealand to Papeete from LAX. Both airlines have good international service in coach and aircraft that are as good as any. Cherie

Sorry about that. The link works using CC Forum app on Safari on my iPad.

Try this using my Firefox on my laptop.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

Thanks -- that link does work but I actually went to the 'Boards' tab & found West Coast info but I'd still like any input from members here, too.

We also flew Air Tahiti Nui. We did a roundtrip cruise from Papeete on Princess and booked the air through Princess EZAir. It was much cheaper than any other airline and Princess had a $300 sale on top. Check the HAL airline prices - you may be surpised.

Air France has some flights into PPT but Air Tahiti Nui is the main carrier. I had read lots of complaints but ATN was fine, no better or worse than other airlines. Look for flights departing LAX mid afternoon. Avoid red eyes.

You should know there are a multitude of codeshares with other airlines but Air Tahiti Nui is the carrier.

We found cheaper rates through Quantas who had a codeshare with ATN.

After reading some very negative reports about flights to and from PPT from LAX we decided to book the Eurodam round trip from San Diego in March 2019 which eliminates having to take those long flights. The cruise is 28 days so it depends on whether or not you have that much free time but the ship does stop at quite a few interesting islands.

After reading some very negative reports about flights to and from PPT from LAX we decided to book the Eurodam round trip from San Diego in March 2019 which eliminates having to take those long flights. The cruise is 28 days so it depends on whether or not you have that much free time but the ship does stop at quite a few interesting islands.

We have the time but our dog would disown us if we were gone that long...