US Port of Call Experience

TBone2K

In your experience, is making a port of call at a US port any different than other ports?

My specific reason for asking is that we are going on Anthem which makes a port of call at Port Canaveral and are meeting up with people on shore. So I'm trying to figure out how much time to allow for the process of getting off/on the ship.

In other places (with the exception of Cozumel), I find the slowest part is getting to the gangway. Once you do that, you walk out and off the ship. Is the experience any different at a US port?

For the benefit of my own interest and others', is the experience any different if you make a US port of call after stopping in another country? i.e. customs?

In your experience, is making a port of call at a US port any different than other ports?

My specific reason for asking is that we are going on Anthem which makes a port of call at Port Canaveral and are meeting up with people on shore. So I'm trying to figure out how much time to allow for the process of getting off/on the ship.

In other places (with the exception of Cozumel), I find the slowest part is getting to the gangway. Once you do that, you walk out and off the ship. Is the experience any different at a US port?

For the benefit of my own interest and others', is the experience any different if you make a US port of call after stopping in another country? i.e. customs?

We were on Anthem in February and it took over a half hour to get off the ship in Port Canaveral. We got in line right as we docked and it took a while. Ship excursion got off on different gangways than those going on their own.

I am on same sailing as you and are visiting family. Hoping we get off quicker than before. There are three ships in port that day, with us being the only one there as a port of call, so it should be busy in the area.