Expedition shore excursions

radiationman

Will be on the Expedition coming up in March for a cruise of the Galapagos. Are there a different shore excursions at each Port that require a sign-up, or do all passengers do the same Excursion. Assuming a sign-up when is this done, does one need to be early enough in line so as not to get a lame Excursion

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

there are three excursions each time....an easy, medium and difficult. Easy is just stay on the zodiac and see the islands or equivalent, medium and difficult walk, climb, etc. Note: the difficult is not that difficult...if you are mobile enough to walk around, you won't have any problem with the difficult one, other than it probably walks farther. I don't recall when you had to sign up, but I don't recall anyone being refused an excursion. Remember, there are only 95+ passengers so it's not like a big foodfight...everyone is pleasant and courteous.

We are very much looking forward to our November trip on the Expedition.

There is a wealth of information here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2069149

The above link is to Part 3 but all three threads are well worth reading - it will take a great deal of your time.

As far as the excursions, as I understand it, there are a couple of choices each day that will be explained in depth onboard. It seems that they make adjustments according to how many passengers desire to participate. Some hikes and snorkels are more physically demanding than others. I do not believe you need to worry about any lines or "lame" excusions in the Galapagos. Be sure you are well-aware of the nature of this cruise. It is nothing like any of the other itineraries and your experience will be very different. A few passengers have been unprepared, as evidenced by their reviews!

If you are doing the land excursion before of after the cruise - your choices are quite limited.

Happy planning and ask away on the Expedition board. The people there are wonderful!