Suite and Pinnacle reception on Liberty

39august

Last week on Liberty we had a fantastic Suite and Pinnacle reception. Gary Davies replaced Rodney as Hotel Director that week and it was Carlington's last week as suite concierge. Gary approved Carlington's idea to make this event more up-scale than in the past. It was not held in the suite lounge as usual, but in the Viking Crown at stated time of 11 AM. But when I arrived at about 10:55 drinks were already flowing freely. We were served a wide variety of pre-made drinks and could request pretty much anything. There were so many different apps passed around by several waiters that I probably will forget some. There were demitasses of mushroom soup, grilled scallops served on seaweed salad, small med rare fillets on toast, sushi,several kinds of individual sweets, some sort of grilled veggie, and small meatballs. Many officers came by each table for comments. The servers were just wrapping up at about 11:50 vs. the usual 11:30. It was a lot like the buffet style lunch served on Navigator in Chops before she left Galveston for Florida. I hope this continues as we are back on LB in Feb. It will be up to the Hotel Director.

Last week on Liberty we had a fantastic Suite and Pinnacle reception. Gary Davies replaced Rodney as Hotel Director that week and it was Carlington's last week as suite concierge. Gary approved Carlington's idea to make this event more up-scale than in the past. It was not held in the suite lounge as usual, but in the Viking Crown at stated time of 11 AM. But when I arrived at about 10:55 drinks were already flowing freely. We were served a wide variety of pre-made drinks and could request pretty much anything. There were so many different apps passed around by several waiters that I probably will forget some. There were demitasses of mushroom soup, grilled scallops served on seaweed salad, small med rare fillets on toast, sushi,several kinds of individual sweets, some sort of grilled veggie, and small meatballs. Many officers came by each table for comments. The servers were just wrapping up at about 11:50 vs. the usual 11:30. It was a lot like the buffet style lunch served on Navigator in Chops before she left Galveston for Florida. I hope this continues as we are back on LB in Feb. It will be up to the Hotel Director.

Sounds great!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice, nothing like this a few months ago, but as we all know nothing is ever consistent with RCCL, about 4 years ago on Navigator we had a dinner with officers including wine and great food and at least one officer at each table , have yet to see that repeat

Yep, the NV did that up right! The week before, Oct. 15, was the same old, same old in the suite lounge for 30 minutes with drinks limited to rum punch, wines and bloody marys and and very limitied snacks. That was Rodney's last week on LB. As I said, Gary Davies was hotel director that approved Carlington's suggestion for the Oct. 22 sailing. I suspect Gary will keep this format as long as he is on LB, but he leaves around mid-December.

Yep, the NV did that up right! The week before, Oct. 15, was the same old, same old in the suite lounge for 30 minutes with drinks limited to rum punch, wines and bloody marys and and very limitied snacks. That was Rodney's last week on LB. As I said, Gary Davies was hotel director that approved Carlington's suggestion for the Oct. 22 sailing. I suspect Gary will keep this format as long as he is on LB, but he leaves around mid-December.

Is Gary going to continue as the traveling HD, or is he taking Rodney's place?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Still the traveling HD. He said at the Pinnacle lunch that he would like to be assigned to a ship in Europe as his parents are aging and live in England. But, he also said he might be assigned to LB in the future. Rodney is now on Indy.

Still the traveling HD. He said at the Pinnacle lunch that he would like to be assigned to a ship in Europe as his parents are aging and live in England. But, he also said he might be assigned to LB in the future. Rodney is now on Indy.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...