Booking Dining and Entertainment same night

StevenClarkNB

NCL won't let me book a dinner reservation (5:30) and a show (7:30) the same evening. I can't choose other dining times as it's the only one available for 12 people. "Freestyle" is probably not the best term. I'd prefer not to do a buffet on a show night I also don't want to go without a reservation for a group of 12.

is their other options I am missing to get dining reservations and a show reservation for my preferred times?

Why not book the entertainment under someone else in your party that is not in the same cabin as you.

That would probably work the opposite ,someone else book the dining since dining doesn't ask what passengers the reservation is for but them we can't all go to the same show. It is very inflexible

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

NCL won't let me book a dinner reservation (5:30) and a show (7:30) the same evening. I can't choose other dining times as it's the only one available for 12 people. "Freestyle" is probably not the best term. I'd prefer not to do a buffet on a show night I also don't want to go without a reservation for a group of 12.

is their other options I am missing to get dining reservations and a show reservation for my preferred times?

The system blocks 2.5 hours on your calendar for any meal. It works similar on other cruise lines.

I just had the same problem. We were lucky that my adult daughter did not want to do the 2 shows so we booked the 530 for 10 dinner reservation under her name. We have young kids (2 and 4) in our party so we will ask waiter to speed up dinner as quickly as he can.

If you booked through NCL, call your PCC and they might be able to help you out. Even if they can't do anything, they may be able to push to the person who can.

Also, if you are just planning on eating in one of the MDRs, I would book the show for everyone and then book the dinner as soon as you get on board. Not many people eat at 5:30.

But also be aware that a dinner for that many people will probably take longer than 2 hours (especially if you are in a specialty restaurant). Is there any way you can book the shows and dinners on different days? That's what I try to do for the mega-ships. I try to either do a show or specialty each night -- not both.

It might be hard to do both dinner and a show so close together. A show reservation will only allow you to get into the theater not assigned seats. If you get there just a few minutes before the show you could have to split up since might not be 12 seats together. Just something to consider. Also haven guests have reserved seating but if they are not filled they usually open them to anyone about 5 to 10 minutes before show time. This might work with or without a reservation. Someone might have more experience with a large group and what has worked for them.