Muster/Crown Princess

mrsboca

Every time I was on Crown, we were in front of the ship, They do ask you to bring jackets and muster station was the theater. I believe other areas of the ship are doing muster drill in lounges. But I am not 100% sure on that.

Yes just got off the crown and our muster was in a lounge. ALL passengers must bring their life jacket with them no matter where their muster station is and they will have you put them on at the end. I tried not to put it on as I have done it enough but the worker in front of us said we needed to before we left.

Does anyone know if you have to bring your life jacket to muster on the Crown Princess? Is it held inside under A/C or held outdoors? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Inside in the lounges on deck 7. Arrive 10 to 15 mins. early if you want a seat.

Muster drills are the same on all Princess ships. There is nothing ship-specific about it (and I do wonder why people ask ship-specific questions about things that should not be ship-specific - consistency across the brand is why you have a brands in the first place (although, I admit Princess sometimes fails in being consistent, it is always in execution, not in the procedure itself - considering the legal requirements for the muster drill, I doubt even the captain has the authority to deviate from the standard Princess muster drill)).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The ship's general alarm is seven short blasts of the whistle, followed by one long blast. The general alarm is not an order to abandon ship. Princess chooses to muster all passengers indoors and away from the elements. In the even of an order to abandon ship, ship's company will guide you to the life rafts. Some passengers will be directed to special marine evacuation vessels through a special slide.

(Sorry, did all of that from memory, so it could be inaccurate, but it's the general "flavor" of what they say during the muster drill. It's always the same, and that's what you want in an emergency. You want the actions during the emergency to be the same as when you practiced them: calm. It's the same reason that I really do take out the safety card from the back pocket of the airplane and read it during the safety presentation.)