Future Cruise Credit - Carnival Fascination

cmukid87

I was one of a bunch of people who had their Fascination sailing cancelled. We were given a 25% cruise credit towards any future Carnival Cruise.

We booked something and I submitted my request via the request-forms reimbursement on Carnival's website about 3 weeks ago.

My questions are this: 1) The future cruise is something that comes back to me via OBC/Gift card? 2) How long does it usually take for them to process this?

I was one of a bunch of people who had their Fascination sailing cancelled. We were given a 25% cruise credit towards any future Carnival Cruise.

We booked something and I submitted my request via the request-forms reimbursement on Carnival's website about 3 weeks ago.

My questions are this: 1) The future cruise is something that comes back to me via OBC/Gift card? 2) How long does it usually take for them to process this?

Our cruise was cancelled due to Harvey at the end of August. We received the 25% off on the next booking. It was just discounted on the fare. It was processed as soon as we booked.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our cruise was cancelled due to Harvey at the end of August. We received the 25% off on the next booking. It was just discounted on the fare. It was processed as soon as we booked.

Hope that helps.

Were you sent a letter? At the bottom of our letter it says

"The FCC is based on the cruise fare paid for this voyage, is non-transferable, cannot be used as a deposit or applied to a chartered sailing and has no cash value.....After you have booked your cruise, please use the link below to provide us with the new booking information so we can process your cred. http;//carnival.com/request-forms/reimbursement-form.aspx"

That leads me to believe that the 25% is something done in the future. I'm fairly certain I paid full price for the cabin. Now when I check it is showing a discount but I have yet to see a 25% discount coming back to me in any shape.

Were you sent a letter? At the bottom of our letter it says

"The FCC is based on the cruise fare paid for this voyage, is non-transferable, cannot be used as a deposit or applied to a chartered sailing and has no cash value.....After you have booked your cruise, please use the link below to provide us with the new booking information so we can process your cred. http;//carnival.com/request-forms/reimbursement-form.aspx"

No, but I used a PVP and we scheduled it the day of cancellation. The 25% was based off the first cruise fare.

No, but I used a PVP and we scheduled it the day of cancellation. The 25% was based off the first cruise fare.

I see that my pricing on my cruise portal on carnival.com add to include the 25% off. I just don't know where that money went. My confirmation emails don't reflect the 25% meaning I paid full price and the price changed later.

I'm thinking a call to Carnival Customer Service is in order.

I see that my pricing on my cruise portal on carnival.com add to include the 25% off. I just don't know where that money went. My confirmation emails don't reflect the 25% meaning I paid full price and the price changed later.

I'm thinking a call to Carnival Customer Service is in order.

That may be your best bet. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

To come back and update here is where we are:

1. Paid in full on 10/12

2. Filed 25% FCC on 10/12

3. 10/13 my booking details on carnival.com showed my paid in full booking was $357 less, which is what 25% would have been

4. I wait and hear nothing about the $357 refund

5. Call Carnival yesterday and they hadn't processed anything yet, but she processed it yesterday

Moral of the story...call Carnival. Some people claim it came right off their booking price but was not the case with me. Who knows if I ever would have seen that $357 if I hadn't called. Now here's to hoping that gift card gets here by December 1.

To come back and update here is where we are:

1. Paid in full on 10/12

2. Filed 25% FCC on 10/12

3. 10/13 my booking details on carnival.com showed my paid in full booking was $357 less, which is what 25% would have been

4. I wait and hear nothing about the $357 refund

5. Call Carnival yesterday and they hadn't processed anything yet, but she processed it yesterday

Moral of the story...call Carnival. Some people claim it came right off their booking price but was not the case with me. Who knows if I ever would have seen that $357 if I hadn't called. Now here's to hoping that gift card gets here by December 1.

I booked on this past Monday and paid in full. Submitted the form and then Tuesday called Carnival. I was told to check my booking in 72hrs and then call back. I was supposed to be on the 10/15 sailing so we received 100% cruise credit. In hindsight, I should have only paid the deposit, have the credit applied and then if any other amount was left to be paid due to price in difference I would have paid that. Since I paid in full, I must now get a refund. The refund is in the same form of payment.